Solved

Alienware M11X R1 what can I expect gaming wise?

So, I am purchasing a Alienware M11X R1 from a friend tomorrow from $425 he has only had it for two months just needs the money to pay his rent, it still has the warranty and everything. I am wondering what kind of games can I max out and play without any problems on this laptop. I plan on playing WoW, Rift, and the new Total War games and also expect to play Knights of the Old Republic when it releases. What kind of performance will I get out of this laptop? Heres the specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo 1.7GHz
Nvidia 335M 1GB
500GB HD
8GB DDR3 1333MHz
Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about alienware m11x expect gaming wise
  1. Best answer
    http://www.notebookcheck.net/Computer-Games-on-Laptop-Graphic-Cards.13849.0.html

as you can see you won't be able to max out very much on it, medium should work fine for most games.
  2. the warranty should be void after changing owners
  3. Ah ok well thanks guys like I said all I really care about is playing WoW on it on ultra settings if I cant get that then I'm not going to buy it
  4. you can but with frame rates in the 25's
  5. With the slower CPU you'd expect to get lower performance.
    Most of those GT 335M gaming benchmark scores will have been from using faster Core i3/i5 CPUs.
  6. ok thanks guys I decided against buying the alienware looking at desktops and building my own computer thanks.
  7. Best answer selected by Donavaughn_08.
Ask a new question

Read More

Alienware Laptops