Sign in with
Your question

Brute Force Uninstall?

Last response: in Windows 7
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
May 28, 2010 4:56:22 AM

Hi Guys!

I have recently upgraded from XP. I used Laplink Pc Mover to transfer all my files. Most thing work but i am having trouble with .NET. When i had XP, i was running a 32bit Version, i am now running 7 Professional 64bit. When i try install .net for 64 bit it complains that i have it already installed. I go the Uninstall programs and select the 32bit version of .NET. This is where my problem occurs when i try uninstall .NET 32bit it says i need a 32bit version of 7 to uninstall. Is there a manual way removing it?

Thanks

More about : brute force uninstall

May 29, 2010 6:59:08 PM

Hello Yokhaji,

You can visit the official Microsoft Migrating from Windows XP to Windows 7 site here: http://tinyurl.com/yz2uogt

There are some nice videos tutorials and steps to take when migrating from Windows XP to Windows 7. And yes it is true you cannot directly upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 7 you can take some steps to ensure a smooth process.
Thanks again and good luck!

John M.
Microsoft Windows Client Support
m
l
April 25, 2011 11:51:42 AM

windows7guy said:
There are some nice videos tutorials and steps to take when migrating from Windows XP to Windows 7..

That didn't address the problem. Migrating to a new operating system is done; cleaning a 32-bit operating system component out of the new 64-bit operating system is the problem. Any help for that? ..
m
l
!