What happens when you Overclock too far!

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
<A HREF="http://www.bbspot.com/News/2000/5/clock_rift.html" target="_new">http://www.bbspot.com/News/2000/5/clock_rift.html</A>
:smile:

<font color=purple>Win ME Slayer. And PROUD of it!</font color=purple>

johnnyx

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2002
jiminy jilicers! I think an athlon would be fine if you oc'd it alot, it would just become alot hotter than Hally Berry =) (did I spell that right?)

If an orange was driving a racecar would it peel out? www.jxfiles.com

eden

Champion
Is that actually true?
If so, what could possibly be awaiting researchers if this CAN happen?

--
Thunderbirds in wintertime, Northwoods in summertime! :lol:

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
:smile:
i would hate to loose my MCX-462 into the rift!!!

i remember when i was overclocking my CPU right up to its limits (1450 to 1475Mhz @ 1.94v)
kinda felt like a rift was about to open :wink:

eden

Champion
Ok I will gonna look like a very naive person but I have to: Is it or not true that this happened? If so what could be the potential of such experience?

--

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
<font color=red>OMG please dont tell me u believe its true?????</font color=red>

god if someone really was able to loose a heatsink thru a hole in reality the entire scientific community would be hailing it as the discovery of the milennia!

science talk time:

holes in space time do exist, but only known (so far) in extreemes of conditions.
i.e. black holes require fantastically vast amounts of matter to create gravity strong enough to do wierd things. OR micro wormholes also exist, but on the scale of subatomic particles for minutely short periods of time (makes femto seconds look slow) and comprise the wierd quantum soup that makes your brain hurt thinkin about it.

im afraid when u overclock too far the worst thing ur gonna get is a melty cpu/mobo.
quite ordinary really come to think of it! :smile:

eden

Champion
Ahem.....yes <looks ashamed red>...
I dunno for some weird reason I wanted to beleive it! I mean in a sort of way, without even remembering CPUs burn at high temps, I somewhat thought it might have been logical something would happen. But then again it's only fake, but you never know one day....

--

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
LOL
well i forgive you... LOL
only cauz this thread has been highly entertaining :smile:

i think if you want to create a wormhole the size of a standard heatsink you need about as much energy as a million stars like our sun or something.

now i know the athlon pumps out alot of heat... but not quite THAT much! :smile: :wink: