LAN BIOS conflict

I tried to upgrade the RAM on my Dimension 4550. I tried two
different modules from 4allmemory.com. Neither would work. In trying
the second one, I upgraded the BIOS to VO8. Since then, I have not been
able to connect to my LAN.
I tried to rollback the BIOS but it will not allow me to do so. Any
suggestions? I have been round and round in the network setup, etc.
1 answer Last reply
More about bios conflict

    i suggest deleting the adapter from system properties and then restarting...
    if it is not automatically found and reinstalled then enter the bios, type
    alt-f to reset to default values, and confirm that the ethernet card is
    enabled... that is assuming that this is an on-board ethernet card that you
    are having trouble with.

    "Wayne" <waynenospam@starband.net> wrote in message
    > I tried to upgrade the RAM on my Dimension 4550. I tried two
    > different modules from 4allmemory.com. Neither would work. In trying
    > the second one, I upgraded the BIOS to VO8. Since then, I have not been
    > able to connect to my LAN.
    > I tried to rollback the BIOS but it will not allow me to do so. Any
    > suggestions? I have been round and round in the network setup, etc.

Dell BIOS LAN Computers