LAN BIOS conflict

I tried to upgrade the RAM on my Dimension 4550. I tried two
different modules from 4allmemory.com. Neither would work. In trying
the second one, I upgraded the BIOS to VO8. Since then, I have not been
able to connect to my LAN.
I tried to rollback the BIOS but it will not allow me to do so. Any
suggestions? I have been round and round in the network setup, etc.

i suggest deleting the adapter from system properties and then restarting...
if it is not automatically found and reinstalled then enter the bios, type
alt-f to reset to default values, and confirm that the ethernet card is
enabled... that is assuming that this is an on-board ethernet card that you
are having trouble with.

"Wayne" <waynenospam@starband.net> wrote in message
> I tried to upgrade the RAM on my Dimension 4550. I tried two
> different modules from 4allmemory.com. Neither would work. In trying
> the second one, I upgraded the BIOS to VO8. Since then, I have not been
> able to connect to my LAN.
> I tried to rollback the BIOS but it will not allow me to do so. Any
> suggestions? I have been round and round in the network setup, etc.

TRENDING THREADS