I am currently looking to purchase a new laptop. My 6 year-old HP Pavillion has served me well enough, but its age is definitely showing and it is beginning to really effect my work productivity. Also, the battery is in recall because they were litterally catching on fire. No joke!
1. What is your budget?
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Over 12". A full keyboard is important to me.
3. What screen resolution do you want?
At or above 1440x900.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Speed and processing power are priority for me over portability.
5. How much battery life do you need?
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
I would like the option to play games on at least Medium settings. Team Fortress 2, League of Legends
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Running local testing server, run/debug massive PHP programs on said local server, and develop quickly in an IDE without hold ups or slow downs.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
I am open to any sites provided they correspond to question #14.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I have only owned one laptop and so I am open to all brands.
13. What country do you live in?
Continental United States
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I am a college student, and would prefer vendors that uphold Microsoft's current offer of buy a +$699 Windows 7 laptop, and receive a XBOX 360. I do almost all my web development work on my laptop so processing speed and memory are priority for me with the option to game on the side. A non-integrated video card is a must for me.
More aboutseeking laptop advice strenuous work play
A full keyboard is important to me
Did you mean you want a dedicated number pad?
Yes, a dedicated number pad would be very much preferred. I'm very tall and my big hands just don't fit on compact keyboards.