value of dell 8200 computer

Last response: in Computer Brands
Share
October 26, 2004 3:52:00 PM

I would like to know the value of the following computer:D ell
Dimension 8200, pentium 4, 1.7 ghz.
256 ram
40 gig hard drive
64 Nvidia GE Force with TV out graphics card
56K modem
harmon kardon speakers
cd rom
cdrw
A drive
Windows XP home edition
4 USB ports
Parallel ports
Anyone with this knowledge, a reply will be greatly appreciated.

More about : dell 8200 computer

Anonymous
October 26, 2004 7:52:47 PM

brabin9589@aol.com (helen) wrote:
>I would like to know the value of the following computer:D ell
>Dimension 8200, pentium 4, 1.7 ghz.
>256 ram
>40 gig hard drive
>64 Nvidia GE Force with TV out graphics card
>56K modem
>harmon kardon speakers
>cd rom
>cdrw
>A drive
>Windows XP home edition
>4 USB ports
>Parallel ports
>Anyone with this knowledge, a reply will be greatly appreciated.

Check eBay for past auctions (under advanced search). Somewhere
around $200-400, plus or minus. If this is a Rambus machine, it might
be a bit less, as that's very expensive memory, and trying to upgrade
it will rapidly take you into the realm of new low-end computers with
twice the performance and a new warranty.

What was the manufacturing date, and what is the warranty status (look
it up on Dell WWWebsite or tell us the Service Tag)
October 26, 2004 8:58:37 PM

This computer would have some life let in it with a memory upgrade. Two
sticks of memory would cost about $200 for the pair.
Here is a link to a Dell auction site.
http://www.dellauction.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/CategoryD...

<William P.N. Smith> wrote in message
> brabin9589@aol.com (helen) wrote:
>>I would like to know the value of the following computer:D ell
>>Dimension 8200, pentium 4, 1.7 ghz.
>>256 ram
>>40 gig hard drive
>>64 Nvidia GE Force with TV out graphics card
>>56K modem
>>harmon kardon speakers
>>cd rom
>>cdrw
>>A drive
>>Windows XP home edition
>>4 USB ports
>>Parallel ports
>>Anyone with this knowledge, a reply will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Check eBay for past auctions (under advanced search). Somewhere
> around $200-400, plus or minus. If this is a Rambus machine, it might
> be a bit less, as that's very expensive memory, and trying to upgrade
> it will rapidly take you into the realm of new low-end computers with
> twice the performance and a new warranty.
>
> What was the manufacturing date, and what is the warranty status (look
> it up on Dell WWWebsite or tell us the Service Tag)

October 26, 2004 9:16:14 PM

"helen" <brabin9589@aol.com> wrote in message
>I would like to know the value of the following computer:D ell
> Dimension 8200, pentium 4, 1.7 ghz.
> 256 ram
> 40 gig hard drive
> 64 Nvidia GE Force with TV out graphics card
> 56K modem
> harmon kardon speakers
> cd rom
> cdrw
> A drive
> Windows XP home edition
> 4 USB ports
> Parallel ports
> Anyone with this knowledge, a reply will be greatly appreciated.

As a guess, with the original software CD's (and if you have an XP CD/key
and disc), I'd say the system would bring between $300 and $400.

On ebay it might go even higher to an enthusiastic new user.

Stew
Anonymous
October 27, 2004 12:10:58 AM

Well, you can get a much more powerful machine, without the problem of RDRAM
for under $500. The plus is that it has an AGP slot. The minus is it is a
slow P4 with RDRAM.

USB 1.1
No DVD drive

Personally, since I bought a nicely configured Dimension 2400 with a P4-2.8
for $349, I wouldn't pay over $150-200 for an 8200.

Tom
!