value of dell 8200 computer

Helen

I would like to know the value of the following computer:Dell
Dimension 8200, pentium 4, 1.7 ghz.
256 ram
40 gig hard drive
64 Nvidia GE Force with TV out graphics card
56K modem
harmon kardon speakers
cd rom
cdrw
A drive
Windows XP home edition
4 USB ports
Parallel ports
Anyone with this knowledge, a reply will be greatly appreciated.

brabin9589@aol.com (helen) wrote:
>I would like to know the value of the following computer:Dell
>Dimension 8200, pentium 4, 1.7 ghz.
>256 ram
>40 gig hard drive
>64 Nvidia GE Force with TV out graphics card
>56K modem
>harmon kardon speakers
>cd rom
>cdrw
>A drive
>Windows XP home edition
>4 USB ports
>Parallel ports
>Anyone with this knowledge, a reply will be greatly appreciated.

Check eBay for past auctions (under advanced search). Somewhere
around $200-400, plus or minus. If this is a Rambus machine, it might
be a bit less, as that's very expensive memory, and trying to upgrade
it will rapidly take you into the realm of new low-end computers with
twice the performance and a new warranty.

What was the manufacturing date, and what is the warranty status (look
it up on Dell WWWebsite or tell us the Service Tag)

Molly

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2004

This computer would have some life let in it with a memory upgrade. Two
sticks of memory would cost about $200 for the pair.
Here is a link to a Dell auction site.
http://www.dellauction.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/CategoryDisplay?cgrfnbr=31456090&cgmenbr=31308269&gallery=

"helen" <brabin9589@aol.com> wrote in message
>I would like to know the value of the following computer:Dell
> Dimension 8200, pentium 4, 1.7 ghz.
> 256 ram
> 40 gig hard drive
> 64 Nvidia GE Force with TV out graphics card
> 56K modem
> harmon kardon speakers
> cd rom
> cdrw
> A drive
> Windows XP home edition
> 4 USB ports
> Parallel ports
> Anyone with this knowledge, a reply will be greatly appreciated.

As a guess, with the original software CD's (and if you have an XP CD/key
and disc), I'd say the system would bring between $300 and $400.

On ebay it might go even higher to an enthusiastic new user.

Stew

Well, you can get a much more powerful machine, without the problem of RDRAM
for under $500. The plus is that it has an AGP slot. The minus is it is a
slow P4 with RDRAM.

USB 1.1
No DVD drive

Personally, since I bought a nicely configured Dimension 2400 with a P4-2.8
for $349, I wouldn't pay over $150-200 for an 8200.

Tom