Tags:
  • Drivers
  • Windows 7
  • Realtek
  • Audio
  • Sound Cards
Last response: in Windows 7
May 28, 2010 8:42:03 AM

Windows 7 no audio but believes that sound card and drivers are installed. Its an onboard realtek card that came with my dell xps630i. I recently removed my graphics card and replaced it, Since then my sound has not worked.

If i reinstall the driver it works until I restart the pc. Normally it takes a few reinstalls to get it to work. The driver I'm using is realtek High Definition Audio Codecs R2.48.

A few things I've tryed:
Updated my motherboard,
Turned off the Realtek startup program after i've installed the drivers,
Restored to a previous system restore point,

Any ideas that does not involve reinstalling windows 7?

P.s I also have ubuntu installed and have no issues with my sound card.

More about : window audio

a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
May 28, 2010 12:20:38 PM

By no means am i an expert but can you go in the mobo bios and make sure onboard sound is enabled.
Another option is to uninstall the drivers.
Go to Dell support and enter your dell tag and re-download the drivers for your specific set-up.

If none of these options work you've got me stumped!

Good luck
Score
May 28, 2010 1:05:32 PM

Thanks for getting back to me. I have already tried what you have suggested.

Little more detail: When I install the driver they work fine once I do not agree to restart at the of the installation. If I do restart they don't work once the pc has booted back up. Sometimes this doesn't work, when I install the driver I get no sound so I have reinstalling over and over till I get the temporary solution again.

I know I'm just terrible at explaining thing.

And lol I work in a build called Davcon!
Score
Related resources
September 27, 2011 4:39:45 PM

BooRanger said:
Thanks for getting back to me. I have already tried what you have suggested.

Little more detail: When I install the driver they work fine once I do not agree to restart at the of the installation. If I do restart they don't work once the pc has booted back up. Sometimes this doesn't work, when I install the driver I get no sound so I have reinstalling over and over till I get the temporary solution again.

I know I'm just terrible at explaining thing.

And lol I work in a build called Davcon!

I havn't got as far as producing any sound... but I know that windows 7 does not like having unsigned drivers - to the point that it will revert to previous versions when you restart. I would suggest looking into readydriver plus which is a pre-windows boot list that lets you choose which drivers to enact.

My problem is that when it is installing it keeps repeatedly (20+ times) asking me whether I want to install unsigned drivers. Installation completes, restart, but alas, no sound.
Score
September 27, 2011 4:55:22 PM

For me once it was installed I had to go into realtek audio manager and disable the front jack. See pic:

http://imgur.com/LpBi8

Goodluck

Score
a b \ Driver
a c 426 $ Windows 7
September 28, 2011 1:54:35 AM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Score
!