phill21

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2001
trying to convert into an mpeg 1 file to go onto a vcd,...
i know this isnt the right thing to put it under, but i thought (and hoped) someone might be able to lead me in the right direction or put some light on the subject.
ive downloaded the file through a program called kaZaA, which im sure a lot of people know about. the file is an avi file, but doesnt want to play through windows media player as it says it doesnt have a codec to support it. and theres one file that i have with something called gildo in the title, is that to do with codecs as well? im a bit confused with what to do about the files as they dont work... could anyone lend a hand and tell me what i have to do to get it to work?
thanks ever so much..
sorry about the post being in something that it has nothing to do about with!
thanks guys and gals...

if all else fails... kick it and if it goes wrong, say it wasnt you...

M_C_Hammer

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2002
go to www.divx.com, click on software tab at the top, then divx codecs, then choose appropriate software, this will almost certainly be what you need to play the video.

I need a 1.5 Ghz Athlon + 512mb ddr ram to write emails......honestly

Kelledin

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2001
Many of the AVI's you get from KaZaA or other peer-to-peer software are in DivX format. You probably need the latest DivX codecs; they don't come with Windows but are freely available from <A HREF="http://www.divx.com/" target="_new">http://www.divx.com/</A>. Once you get the codecs, you can probably just play the AVI through Windows Media Player, or use one of the dozens of freeware players out there. Last time I was using Windows to play DivX, a player called PowerDivX sort of grew on me.

I'm not sure how to go about converting a DivX AVI to a VCD. I would personally just keep the thing in DivX format (better compression than mpeg1).

<i>If a server crashes in a server farm and no one pings it, does it still cost four figures to fix?