2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? Maximum of 15.6”
3. What screen resolution do you want? Something readable!
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Desktop replacement
5. How much battery life do you need? Not very important, usually plugged in
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? N/A
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? Occasional Video Editing
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? At least 250GB
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 3-5 years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer, Blu-Ray nice but not essential
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. No particular preference
13. What country do you live in? UK
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I’m currently looking for a new laptop for my girlfriend. Her current machine is coming up for about seven years old and it’s pretty slow and cranky (as you would expect!). She’s in the market for a new one but she’s a bit lost on what to get. I’m not too bad at figuring out what bits go where in a PC but laptops are something I’ve never really looked into.
We’re looking for something affordable that will cover the basics above. She uses her laptop primarily for browsing the internet, word processing and Skype, though she would like to do some video editing if she has the opportunity.
Budget is a bit limited but we’re not looking for anything super fancy. We need wireless, and Bluetooth would be nice but again isn’t essential. What is essential is that it’s rugged and can survive being dropped occasionally! I’m hoping you can offer some options for us to take a look at.