How much FSB will affect my GF4 or sound card?

The_MaguS

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2002
People who overclock, I need some advice.

The CPU I'm getting will not overclock at the next divider), so I was wondering what MHZ FSB specs would cause a GF4 or Sound card to malfunction?

how does 71 mhz for the AGP and 35.5 for PCI sound?

Thanks.

<font color=blue> There's no such thing as hell, but you can make it if you try.</font color=blue>

dttdar

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2002
Sorry MaguS, but there's no definite answer for this. You just have to try-and-see. I've gotten higher than 71/35, but like I said, you just have to try and see. All hardware is different even if it's made by the same company, so each piece of hardware has it's own level of tolerance for overclocking.

sorry, but I'm still stuck in the Pentium III world

FatBurger

Illustrious
Almost all cards should handle 71/35.5, that's a pretty small OC. Just get an Abit P4 board and you can lock them down completely :wink:

Seriously though, what motherboard are you talking about?

<font color=blue>Hi mom!</font color=blue>

The_MaguS

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2002
Hmm, I wonder why other companies don't include locking down options?

How about the FSB at a less speed (on my current mobo, you can set PCI BUS to less than 33).

Think ABIT will make a Northwood B mobo with PC1066/4200 RDRAM support? Time is coming soon to make my comp. THG sez the new 2.53 oc's very well with retail cooler.

<font color=blue> There's no such thing as hell, but you can make it if you try.</font color=blue>

FatBurger

Illustrious
Abit started it, I'm sure others will follow. It's only possible on the P4 though, see Intel's datasheet on the i850 for more detail, it explains it well.

I don't see the benefit of setting the PCI bus at a lower speed, and it can't be done on the Abit boards.

I don't see any reason why Abit wouldn't make an i850E board, but they haven't announced it. They usually announce pretty quickly before actually releasing it.

<font color=blue>Hi mom!</font color=blue>

TRENDING THREADS