Wow !! - Thoroughbred preview - overclocking

Copenhagen

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
Wow!

They reached about 2050MHz with 3 different 1900+ engineering samples, with Vcore = 2.1V and 2.85V memory... in a VapoChill !!!!!!

That sucks BIG TIME, living up to my worst expectations.
<A HREF="http://www.overclockers.com.au/techstuff/a_amd_tbred/page2.shtml
" target="_new">http://www.overclockers.com.au/techstuff/a_amd_tbred/page2.shtml
</A>

<i>/Copenhagen - Clockspeed will make the difference... in the end</i> :cool:

Harisahmed

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2002
Try this out <A HREF="http://www.overclockers.com.au/techstuff/a_amd_tbred/" target="_new">http://www.overclockers.com.au/techstuff/a_amd_tbred/</A>

Copenhagen

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
<blockquote><font size=1>Svar på:</font><hr><p>404 error<p><hr></blockquote><p>Sorry, remove the last few characters in the link I provided.

<blockquote><font size=1>Svar på:</font><hr><p>We need to see the "green" Tbred overclocks not the ES.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Yes certainly we do, but this is the best right now. Also I would expect that AMD doesn't release some of their extraordinary bad engineering samples to the "public".

<i>/Copenhagen - Clockspeed will make the difference... in the end</i> :cool:

dhlucke

Polypheme
Are we judging engineering samples now? Let's just wait until the actual product ships. We've already been through this. There's no conclusion to draw.

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red>

texas_techie

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2001
i have "played" with engineering samples before. They do track reasonably well with production chips. (at least in AMDs case).
I seriously doubt we will see much improvement in production chips. Could be wrong, but i doubt it.

Benchmarks are like sex, everybody loves doing it, everybody thinks they are good at it.

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
If i remember well NW was not able to hit high clock with early ES sample.

The hick is still this 1.6 volt why not 1.5 like intel.

cheap, cheap. Think cheap, and you'll always be cheap.AMD version of semi conducteur industrie

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I agree, the ES will be close to the final product in this case.

AMD was boasting high yields and superior production, yet we still are waiting on products to hit pricewatch.

How much longer can AMD hold out? Tbred-M shipping yet?

You are limited to what your mind can perceive.

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Yes certainly we do, but this is the best right now. Also I would expect that AMD doesn't release some of their extraordinary bad engineering samples to the "public".

LOL, an engineering sample rated to run at 1.6ghz which does 2050, thats a bad sample huh, lol.

:wink: The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark :wink:

eden

Champion
Well with VapoChill though...
Although I have to say, this is a bad OC.
First of all, a Palomino could do this clock with Vapo or even watercool... Second, what kind of Vcore is this, already? Why not try in increments! If AMD is to come out later on with such versions with lower voltage, obviously the OCer was wrong. Third, engineering sample, maybe even the early bad ones...
Recently we only got bad news about Tbred OCing, all filled with flaws... maybe it is true, maybe not, but I sure know Palominos did better.

--
Thunderbirds in wintertime, Northwoods in summertime! :lol:

SEB

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2002
All I can say is that AMD better bring out something good, and realy fast if they want to stay in the race. I hope that they do cos am ready for an upgrade at the end of finacial year.

:cool: <font color=blue><b>BAD ASS BOYS OVERCLOCK BAD ASS TOYS</b></font color=blue> :cool:

Kemche

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2001
Ya, Just wait. I think most of the people has been waiting for T-bred to be out since march, may be longer. No T-bred yet. How much should we wait, or should we just forget it and get P4 @ 1.6a and overclock the hell out of it?

KG

<b>"Hey! It compiles! Ship it!"</b>

Kemche

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2001
You'r right, Actually AMD said it will be in the first half of 2002. And the first half isn't over yet so we should atleast wait till June 30th. All I can say it looking at the above numbers it looks like they are having some yield problems so if they don't figure it out soon. By end of this Quarter we will not see any T-bred. And if AMD lanches this processor we will only see them in limited Quantities in Any.

KG

<b>"Hey! It compiles! Ship it!"</b>

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
Yes and intel show a 4.1GHZ

Mat 400 mghz with a vapochill it a very low overclocking.
I still wait for retail version

cheap, cheap. Think cheap, and you'll always be cheap.AMD version of semi conducteur industrie

eden

Champion
This is what I have been saying too!
Oh btw, it's Palomino, not Palamino! It's like Athlon and ughh...Athalon... why do people jump their fingers to A when they are on the other side, still troubles me...

--

eden

Champion
Intel showed an OCed chip, WITH huge cooling. AMD had a realtime 2.2GHZ chip...

Yes you should definitly not get your hopes up on the sample version.

--

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
That's only one chip though.

One chip AIRCOOLED, I highly doubt that a vapochill chip that barely hits 2050 is indicitive of the whole line when they demoed an aircooled 2.2ghz chip a month ago.

:wink: The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark :wink:

G

Yep,totally agree. I think this is all very exciting but let's just hold our horses for a little while. T-bred will come through.It will overclock just fine. Everybody seems to be overly impressed by 2.5 P4. Just remember the real clock and the fact that new P4 buys almost three Athlons.DUH! 50-60 fps more just doesn't make me not spend my extra money on booze and strippers. Paitience, AMD will deliver!

kusek

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2001
Yes and intel show a 4.1GHZ
Wasn't that using liquid nitrogen cooling????
The AMD 2800+ (2.2GHz) was air-cooled!
Come on Juin, you can do better than that?

<font color=green>"No Thoroughbred for you! Come back, 2 months."</font color=green>

dhlucke

Polypheme
Isn't cooling a processor down to -160 degrees comparable to aircooling? :smile:

<font color=red>THGC: Everything from anal applications of peanut butter to marriage counseling</font color=red>