Driver install

tkmcherryhill

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013
I was in devive manager tring to get my network driver and all the drives have a yellow sign by them. When I try to manually update software it asks me to select one and I dont know what to select if I want to activate or install network driver. Just tring to get online

Steps:
1) Find your EXACT motherboard model, then go to the SUPPORT/Download site for it.

2) Download and install the latest MAIN chipset driver (sometimes called "INF"). Your Windows version must match (If you have Windows 7 64-bit, but only Vista 64-bit are available try those. Don't try XP drivers with Windows 7).

3) Download and install the SATA drivers (If you don't have a RAID setup don't bother with those. Also, some are only for installing Windows).

4) Also, ensure you are getting Microsoft Updates (usually set to Automatic, in which case you should have gotten at least one notification of Updates).

(also, downloading to a flash drive isn't necessary. You're obviously running Windows already so just download the files to your download folder)

tkmcherryhill

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013

My laptop is a pavilion g6-1c35dx It's an hp but the dude on ebay sold me a dell install disc. said it would work on any pc. So I have windows 7 by dell on an hp with no drivers. I do not know anything about computers. I broke origional hard drive and replaced it. Now I have windows 7 64 bit installed and cannot acess the internet. The only computer available to me is a mac and I dont know how to download info to mac and transfer to a pc. Not a geek.

tkmcherryhill

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013

Download the following driver from your mac, put it on a flash drive, or CD, and then install it on your laptop.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-104707-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4063&product=5182647&sw_lang=

tkmcherryhill

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013

Tried to do that and the ******* mac downloaded it as rich text document. Save as was not an option. I did manage to download another driver a chipset but my computer says no r connections or something. should not be on site. I dont understand anything people r writing about.

tkmcherryhill

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013

Right. But again I dont know where u went to learn how these things work. The Mac opens a window o show the progress of the download. Then I have to open it in order to do any thig with it and this *** mac sy's its a microsoft app are u sure u want to open. Never and I mean Never did if ask or offer me an oportunity to change the format or location. I clicked while pushing the shift key nothing. I clicked while pressing the contol key nothing. Yesteray when I pluged in my photo card to download pic' somehow everything on the desktop went on my card reader. Why I always use it to download pis's to my pc. But this *** ma just gave me all this guy's personal info without me asking it to. I got pic's of his wife and everything. Nice set up. So clearly these machines will do as they please unless u have taken a course and know when to push these key's