old_man

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2004

I just bought a mn700 router, it works great, but I use mirc a lot,
and have to forward ports inorder to send files, my ip address changes
every time i log on, and its a hassle to have to change the port
forward setting every time i reconnect to the net
is there any way around all this hassle?

Hi,

Go into the Base Station Management Tool, then click on the Local Area
Network Settings, and then under the Lease time for assigned IP address
change the lease time to a longer period. Your ip address won't change if
you log back in within that period of time.

Or just input a static IP address on your computer, and you won't have the
changing ip address issue anymore.

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User