Another Notebook OEM with AXP!!

AMD_Flinkster

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2002
Check it out !!

Finally a decent (could be better though) offering with the new Mobile Athlon XP, im guessing its a thouroughbred.

The Sony Vaio FXA53 , check it out at <A HREF="http://www.sonystyle.com/vaio/fxaseries/index.shtml" target="_new">http://www.sonystyle.com/vaio/fxaseries/index.shtml</A>
!

Any mystery devised by mortal mind can be solved therewith

G

Seems XP is going in the lower end laptops..

i am looking foword to seeing them in some desktop replacements.

ie.. With mobile radion or geforce , 15"+ displays with 512DDR, burners, and 60GB+ drives.

Intel_inside

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
amd chips are generally used for lower and medium level desktops from the big pc companies as well... most of the ads I see for pc's have p4 systems as the 'high end' option (although high end is relative, since they often equip those pcs with terrible video cards)

<i>My life wasn't complete untill I tried sse-2 optimized pong</i>

Olfin_Bedwere

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2001
All too true. In the local PC Superstore, the best graphics card I have seen in a PC is a Geforce 4 MX420! And yet the same store sells GF4 TI4400s in the graphics card section! :mad:

Lonemagi

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2002
Know that well, my friend was wondering why his games werent running smooth on high detail on his new viao.. to find the answer I looked, and lo and behold, a 32mb video card... ati rage something or another... and sdram too.. shame to choke the hell out of the P4 like that..

Once I thought, then I <A HREF="http://www.warroom.com" target="_new">learned</A>

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
my friend has a viao, a p4-1.8ghz, and that thing has a tnt2 m64. my 900mhz athlon with a geforce2 pro wooped it. pretty lame...especially for how much you get charged for those things...
it is funny, because people see the NVIDIA stickers on the case, and think it is going to be some kick a$$ gaming rig...lame.

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
the main reason i compared them, even though different processors, mobo, ram, vid card, etc, is becasue i am not going to buy a geforce2 pro for him, and i am not going to buy myself a viao...if i could do that, then i would not have an athlon 900 and a geforce2 pro would i? :eek:
i was trying to point out that they do put crap video cards in there...and overcharge for it.

-DAvid

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
i wish the OEM's wound stop advertising such computers as power gaming rigs... like this one (its a dell or compac)

p4 2.0A - good
rdram mobo - good
256mb sambsung rdram - good
40 or 80gb 7200rpm hdd - good
geforce 2 MX - WTF???

*shakes head sadly*

Today on Toms: Trisexual hamsters, anal applications of peanut butter and Marrige councilling!

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
it really is sad...
and people believe it too..that is the saddest part..because they dont know!
they see the big hard drive, and the p4, and they assume it is a good computer.
oh, and now if the manufacturer throws in a cdburner and a dvd drive...MAN...that must be one helluva system! :wink:

-DAvid

Intel_inside

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
the m64.. lets see isn't that a stripped down tnt2? Obviously a geforce2 would beat that

<i>My life wasn't complete untill I tried sse-2 optimized pong</i>

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
not what i was getting at...i was showing that they are ripping people off, and choking the p4s...
OBVIOSLY in a system of the same specs, a gf2 would beat a tnt2m64 (debateable about a tnt2ultra and a gf2mx...lol).
but my processor is like half the speed of his, it is just strange that they put those video cards in there.
even a geforce2 mx, which is CHEAP would outperform the tnt2m64!!!!!!!
i wasnt trying to compare my video card to his...i should have said that i was trying to point out the fact that they are ripping people off, and choking the processor.
sorry.

-DAvid