How to increase memory in c drive

imran_90

Honorable
Feb 28, 2013
Hello,
my c drive memory is 25GB only now no free memory in c drive. but my g drive is 211GB.how to change the memory

morne

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012
right click my computer, go to manage, select disc managment, click on c
at bottom you should see unpartitioned space, create partition, will become D drive so throw some c drive files to D

There's no indication that there is any unallocated space.

The best way to solve this assuming C and G are both partitions on the same drive is this:
a) install a free partition manager program http://www.askvg.com/ultimate-collection-of-best-free-partition-manager-software-for-windows/ (try the EASEUS one first by Googling their main site)

b) use the Partition Manager to MERGE both partitions then APPLY to finalize the procedure (it may reboot and take a while to sort this out). It should keep the data from G intact, but if it warns you that you'll lose data then don't do this unless you can copy the data. Also, if you have any programs installed to G (normally not) they won't run if you merge the two partitions.

I also recommend moving anything in G-drive in a single folder that you can easily access once the two drives are merged. (If a folder is at G:\Media it will be turned into C:\Media).

*If your system is pre-built you likely have a HIDDEN PARTITION containing a backup copy of Windows. I recommend you don't delete this.

mantas

Honorable
Jul 2, 2013

This is quite right, but if you want to expand do this: manage -> disc managment -> right click on C -> extend volume. Then you set how much of memory you want to extend to disc C (in MB).

TRENDING THREADS