Program connection difficulty

pat

Expert

Hi,
Would anyone know why my Norton Antivirus program will not connect to
receive liveupdates?
My subscription is up-to-date. It has stopped working once I switched from
dial-up to broadband.

The version I am using is 2003 and Symantec do not support earlier than 2004

Initializing...
Connecting to liveupdate.symantecliveupdate.com...
Unable to connect to host
LU1841: LiveUpdate could not connect to your Internet Service Provider.
Verify your dial-up information is correct.
LiveUpdate session is complete.

Hope someone can point me in the right direction.
Thanks
Pat

Check the Norton (Symantec) web site, Pat. They have support information
posted there.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"Pat" <glass_patrick@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Would anyone know why my Norton Antivirus program will not connect to
> receive liveupdates?
> My subscription is up-to-date. It has stopped working once I switched
> from dial-up to broadband.
>
> The version I am using is 2003 and Symantec do not support earlier than
> 2004
>

> Initializing...
> Connecting to liveupdate.symantecliveupdate.com...
> Unable to connect to host
> LU1841: LiveUpdate could not connect to your Internet Service Provider.
> Verify your dial-up information is correct.
> LiveUpdate session is complete.
>
> Hope someone can point me in the right direction.
> Thanks
> Pat

pat

Expert

Chris, not anymore they don't, only from 2004 onwards.

"Chris H." <winxpnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Check the Norton (Symantec) web site, Pat. They have support information
> posted there.
> --
> Chris H.
> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
> Associate Expert
>

> "Pat" <glass_patrick@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > Would anyone know why my Norton Antivirus program will not connect to
> > receive liveupdates?
> > My subscription is up-to-date. It has stopped working once I switched
> > from dial-up to broadband.
> >
> > The version I am using is 2003 and Symantec do not support earlier than
> > 2004
> >

> > Initializing...
> > Connecting to liveupdate.symantecliveupdate.com...
> > Unable to connect to host
> > LU1841: LiveUpdate could not connect to your Internet Service Provider.
> > Verify your dial-up information is correct.
> > LiveUpdate session is complete.
> >
> > Hope someone can point me in the right direction.
> > Thanks
> > Pat

I didn't say which version was supported. :cool: Just that their website has
support information. We support Microsoft's Broadband Networking hardware
and software, only, in this newsgroup, not individual programs or networking
issues in general.
--

> Chris, not anymore they don't, only from 2004 onwards.
>
> "Chris H." <winxpnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Check the Norton (Symantec) web site, Pat. They have support information
>> posted there.
>> --
>> Chris H.
>> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
>> Associate Expert
>>

>> "Pat" <glass_patrick@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> > Would anyone know why my Norton Antivirus program will not connect to
>> > receive liveupdates?
>> > My subscription is up-to-date. It has stopped working once I switched
>> > from dial-up to broadband.
>> >
>> > The version I am using is 2003 and Symantec do not support earlier than
>> > 2004
>> >

>> > Initializing...
>> > Connecting to liveupdate.symantecliveupdate.com...
>> > Unable to connect to host
>> > LU1841: LiveUpdate could not connect to your Internet Service Provider.
>> > Verify your dial-up information is correct.
>> > LiveUpdate session is complete.
>> >
>> > Hope someone can point me in the right direction.
>> > Thanks
>> > Pat

TRENDING THREADS