Win98 and MN-720

I cannot make MN-720 card work with my notebook that runs
Windows 98. Do I need to be running Windows 98 SE (or
higher) or can Windows 98 be configured to run MN-720.
Some Microsoft websites say the minimum requirement is
Windows 98 SE and others Windosw 98.
Thanks so much.
Michael

Windows 98 is fine. Have you installed the software? That's required. If
you have already, then please post back with specifics about your issue.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"MichaelH" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I cannot make MN-720 card work with my notebook that runs
> Windows 98. Do I need to be running Windows 98 SE (or
> higher) or can Windows 98 be configured to run MN-720.
> Some Microsoft websites say the minimum requirement is
> Windows 98 SE and others Windosw 98.
> Thanks so much.
> Michael

Thank for prompt reply. I have installed a software that
came with my card and the card itself. My Broadband
Network Utility could not recognize the card and was
showing a PPP network. I went to System settings and
uninstalled all the device drivers and devices (including
dial-up) that had to do with the networking. I reinstalled
the driver and when it prompted me to insert the card it
would not recognize the card. I rebooted my computer and
now I have one light on and one blinking on the card but
my Boradband Utility does not show any Network Adaptors.
Thank you
Michael

Sorry, but I don't remember Win98 much. Have you checked in Device Manager
(did 98 even have that?), and perhaps use Add for the new hardware? Have
you created the new connection in the networking section? (Can you tell I'm
grasping at straws?) :cool:
--

"MichaelM" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thank for prompt reply. I have installed a software that
> came with my card and the card itself. My Broadband
> Network Utility could not recognize the card and was
> showing a PPP network. I went to System settings and
> uninstalled all the device drivers and devices (including
> dial-up) that had to do with the networking. I reinstalled
> the driver and when it prompted me to insert the card it
> would not recognize the card. I rebooted my computer and
> now I have one light on and one blinking on the card but
> my Boradband Utility does not show any Network Adaptors.
> Thank you
> Michael

Thanks for your help. Win 98 does have a Device Manager. I
did not try to create a new connection yet. I am not at
work right now so I will try that in the evening. The
other problem that I remember is Wireless Adapter drop
down list was never highlighted and I could never change
any settings. I have another notebook with winXP and the
same card works fine with it.
Thanks
Michael

Sorry I don't remember back to those days, but apparently the card is
working fine so it must be in the settings. You might check in your
browser, too, if it is Internet Explorer, to make sure the settings aren't
carrying over the old account instead of using the LAN. Look in
Tools/Internet Options/Connections to verify.
--

> Thanks for your help. Win 98 does have a Device Manager. I
> did not try to create a new connection yet. I am not at
> work right now so I will try that in the evening. The
> other problem that I remember is Wireless Adapter drop
> down list was never highlighted and I could never change
> any settings. I have another notebook with winXP and the
> same card works fine with it.
> Thanks
> Michael

Thanks. I think I may need to install the newest version
of Internet Explorer. I will try that in the evening.
Michael