p4 1.6a ~41C idle

reptilej

Distinguished
May 3, 2001
ok a lot fo people have said that this si too hot or this is just fine, but what are your temps? my stock 1.6a(not overclocking right now due to previous problems) is running at 41C under idle with stock fan and heatsink. is this normal? don't give me that crap about how i need to get a mega flowmaster radiator for my cpu or anythign, that would just be hiding the problem of possible a bad piece of hardware making ym CPU run too hot or is 41C normal?

repeat after me, we are all individuals!

G

is the 41 degrees being reported to you in the bios or a windows ap. On my p4 1.6A, Asus' pc probe tells me I'm running at 40 degrees not overclocked, but it never changes, as it should, even while running benchmarks. My bios on the other hand is reporting a cool 31 degrees at idle. Obviously, in my case pc probe just isn't working right. But 41C does seem abnormally high. Does your fan speed seem decent

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
<sigh>
processors are designed to run at very high temperatures, 41 is perfectly fine. the only reason to worry about heat is if your over clocking.

how do you shoot the devil in the back? what happens if you miss? -verbal

No_Tone

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2001
I bought a temperature probe from Thermaltake and stuck it under my P4 1.8ghz Williamette. It is 31C idle, but there are so many reasons and factors that acn contribute to high temperatures such as the case material, the room temperature, etc. 41C isn't hot, but it is unusual for an idle processor. You're far from the danger zone which is 75C I think.

LED

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2002
I got a 1.8a mildy OCd at the moment to 2070. It runs at 38 degrees during forum browsing....

I sold my sig for $50.