BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA8010616028
BCP3: 00000000BE200000
BCP4: 0000000000021166
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

I would like to preface this by saying I have no idea what I am doing when it comes to the terminology and specifics with computers. This new computer I have has been just put together by a friend, although, from over the phone, it's hard for her to determine what the issue might be.

I've had it for less than a day and when I play Guild Wars 2, it goes to the blue screen. If there is anymore information that I need to provide to help you help me, I will gladly try to provide it to the best of my computer illiterate ability. lol Thanks all!

Freshly reinstalled the video drivers, put the video card in it's default settings and nothings happened so far.

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\022813-22542-01.dmp
C:\Users\[BLANK]\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-45957-0.sysdata.xml

(Just blanked out my name)

More about : bsod bccode 124

a b $ Windows 7
February 28, 2013 1:30:36 PM

well if it bsod's while gaming it might be overheating so go to bios and check your cpu temeratures...idle temps should not go over 40c in worst case...if it looks good boot to windows and download prime 95 and core temp. core temp will show you the processor temperatures real time and prime 95 is use to stress test your processor and ram so run both of these for 30 minutes and see what your load temps are...they should not go over 80c ...if the temps are good you can download and burn memtest86 to a cd and boot from it...this program checks for errors on your ram..if your friend was nto careful he could have shocked one of yuor ram sticks while assembling the pc and that can be a bsod cause too so yea if you get errors using that programs it means your ram is faulty and you need to get it replaced by contacting the manufacturer and they should send you another pair once they receive your old ram
m
l
February 28, 2013 1:38:09 PM

Wow, thank you so much for the quick reply! I am going to do exactly as you suggested right now and see what happens. I will reply with all the info and see if there may be problems or if it still blue screens. Thank you again!
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
February 28, 2013 1:41:40 PM

no problem and good luck with troubleshooting
you can also press f8 after bios screen and select the last boot option to disable automatic restarts on system errors aka bsods and with that you can write down the error code number...with that you can google the error code and that will give you a general idea of that's going wrong and what to look into
m
l
February 28, 2013 2:03:50 PM

I will look for the error code when I can but I would like to update you so far.

When I entered my last post, it blue screened as soon as the refreshed page loaded. Also, when I when into the BIOS, the temp was stable at 37 C. So, I am not sure that is good or bad. I am running the stress tests at the moment.
m
l
!