IA-64

G

Waiting for intel itanium with madison core.I think it will best for all .I want to know your opinion??

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
Best for all? What do you mean? The IA-64 is a server platform CPU, and probably won't be anywhere near a desktop for several years even if Hammer succedes.

I don't need an anti-virus program, I just boil my computer once a week.

eden

Champion
Funny how a guy comes in asking such, with no details on what he does, or why is he hyped on something he can't pay for... The guy is also biased with Intel, against AMD. Look in the SSE2 Hammer thread, page 2, top.

--
Intel had 2.2GHZ Willies left...I bought one, it powered my entire neighborhood! :smile:

Parma_Endorion

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2001
My opinion is... If Intel will get an IA-64 processor in my desktop, they are darn good at what they are doing. (Think a few years from now...)

/* The more you know, the more you realize how little you know */<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Parma_Endorion on 05/15/02 06:29 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
hmm... i would like to see this madison. do you have any links?

<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/scamtron2000/Lochel.html" target="_new"><b><font color=red>Go To My Site</A>

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
Not much almost no change compare to Mackinley

6MB L3
1.5 GHZ or higher with 8 pipeline that damm fast.

cheap, cheap. Think cheap, and you'll always be cheap.AMD version of semi conducteur industrie

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
'best for all'???

what do u mean by this?

will the new itanium be in desktops? hardly
will u find them in laptops? nooooope
can u unlock its bridges and overclock the boggery out of it? i think not.

think ill stick with my tbird for a while yet thanx

My Next Performance System!!! - P4 Celleron, 128k cache, SDRAM, Integrated graphics, 5400rpm HDD!

Kennyshin

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2001
I guess I'm the first person in this thread to say anything positive on IA-64 Madison.

Yes, I think it will be the best for all.

Searching for the true, the beautiful, and the eternal

G

I think you all right but now i think i will buy -P4-2.53 and overclock it near 3GHZ.I think it will enough for me :)

G

Here's some information about Madison :http://news.unets.ru/klient/pine/31.html
go here and you will see a bit information at the end of this page

G

Also if we are talking about 64 bit architecture i want to say one thing.I heard that most new P4 will be 4GHZ and that processor will be support 32-64bit programs...(it will in 2003-2004)

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
Where?

If you have a point to make or an idea, be more specific, give more info, and preferably provide a link.

Now, x86-64 has been rumored to be in Prescot, but I think they're waiting to see how Hammer goes. Intel has the money to R&D it without ever using it.

Fleedip 2002, Microsoft's answer to bugs.

FatBurger

Illustrious
<i>The Man with the Hamster says:</i>
can u unlock its bridges and overclock the boggery out of it? i think not.
You can't unlock the Hammer's bridges either, but that doesn't mean you can't "overclock the boggery out of it".

<i>Intel_Man says:</i>
I heard that most new P4 will be 4GHZ and that processor will be support 32-64bit programs...
IA64 or x86-64? I doubt either one.

<i>bront says:</i>
x86-64 has been rumored to be in Prescot
I'd be surprised, but who knows. Where did you hear that?

<font color=blue>Hi mom!</font color=blue>

Kelledin

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2001
I'd be surprised, but who knows. Where did you hear that?
It's the Yamhill rumor. It's theoretically possible; AMD has had the details of x86-64 ISA posted for quite some time, even before they had test samples.

<pre>We now <b>return</b>(<font color=blue>-1</font color=blue>) to an irregular program scheduler.</pre><p>

FatBurger

Illustrious
<i>xazos79 says:</i>
If you're searching for the true, the beautiful and the eternal... you're on the wrong site. Try www.playboy.com

Hmm...maybe not true or eternal, but who cares about those? :wink:

<i>Kelledin says:</i>
It's the Yamhill rumor.

I always thought Yamhill would be a completely separate CPU, not an addition to Prescott or something like that.

<font color=blue>Hi mom!</font color=blue>