Wow! (Tick fans)

I can't believe it... Tonight at 11:00 EST, ToonDisney will be
broadcasting "The Tick vs. The Tick", which you may remember as the
episode with "The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs at Midnight" in it.

I truly believed that I would never see that episode aired again, not
after Oklahoma City and then 9-11.

Could the culture be lightening up a little? Or is Disney just fumbling?

I've half a mind to call the FCC and go on about how *offended* I am...
Y'know, just to be "impy". :^)

- Ron ^*^
8 answers Last reply
More about tick fans

    On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 21:31:32 -0400, Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net> scribed
    into the ether:

    >I can't believe it... Tonight at 11:00 EST, ToonDisney will be
    >broadcasting "The Tick vs. The Tick", which you may remember as the
    >episode with "The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs at Midnight" in it.
    >
    >I truly believed that I would never see that episode aired again, not
    >after Oklahoma City and then 9-11.
    >
    >Could the culture be lightening up a little? Or is Disney just fumbling?
    >
    >I've half a mind to call the FCC and go on about how *offended* I am...
    > Y'know, just to be "impy". :^)

    If you did, you'd be representing the 1% of complaints that the FCC gets
    from sources that are NOT the Parent's Television Council.

    Yes, whenever you hear about public uproar to the FCC, it is invariably
    this one organization, trying to foist its beliefs about what is
    appropriate television on the rest of us.

    Matt Frisch wrote:
    > On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 21:31:32 -0400, Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net> scribed
    > into the ether:
    >

    >>I can't believe it... Tonight at 11:00 EST, ToonDisney will be
    >>broadcasting "The Tick vs. The Tick", which you may remember as the
    >>episode with "The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs at Midnight" in it.
    >>
    >>I truly believed that I would never see that episode aired again, not
    >>after Oklahoma City and then 9-11.
    >>
    >>Could the culture be lightening up a little? Or is Disney just fumbling?
    >>
    >>I've half a mind to call the FCC and go on about how *offended* I am...
    >> Y'know, just to be "impy". :^)
    >

    > If you did, you'd be representing the 1% of complaints that the FCC gets
    > from sources that are NOT the Parent's Television Council.
    >
    > Yes, whenever you hear about public uproar to the FCC, it is invariably
    > this one organization, trying to foist its beliefs about what is
    > appropriate television on the rest of us.

    So what you're saying is that I should be calling THEM, then? :^)

    Hee hee!

    - Ron ^*^

    Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net> wrote in

    > So what you're saying is that I should be calling THEM, then? :^)
    >
    > Hee hee!

    In your own whiskey-marinated way, I think you've stumbled across a stroke
    of genius. Whenever a show worth keeping around comes on, fans should
    bombard the PTC with phonecalls so they CAN'T call the FCC to complain.
    Well done, Ron, you've saved television.

    Chipacabra wrote:
    > Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net> wrote in
    >

    >>So what you're saying is that I should be calling THEM, then? :^)
    >>
    >>Hee hee!
    >

    > In your own whiskey-marinated way, I think you've stumbled across a stroke
    > of genius. Whenever a show worth keeping around comes on, fans should
    > bombard the PTC with phonecalls so they CAN'T call the FCC to complain.
    > Well done, Ron, you've saved television.

    Oh, well, I meant calling them to complain about being offended. But if
    enough people JOINED the PTC and acted enough like BATTLEHYMN...

    Oh, you mean tying up their lines. Well, that's a pretty cool idea too,
    but it would take an awful lot of calls...

    - Ron ^*^

    Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net> wrote in news:pEbue.6060$up5.4629
    @lakeread02:

    > Oh, well, I meant calling them to complain about being offended.

    I'd like to ask these groups where they get the idea that the
    government has the obligation to protect them from getting offended?
    In the words of Penn and Teller, this is Bullshit. Er, not you
    Werebat, those groups.

    --
    Marc

    Rommie : We are not the droids you are looking for
    Doyle : What was that ?
    Rommie : I don't know, but it didn't work !

    Chipacabra <chipb@efn.org> wrote in

    > Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net> wrote in
    >

    >> So what you're saying is that I should be calling THEM, then? :^)
    >>
    >> Hee hee!
    >
    > In your own whiskey-marinated way, I think you've stumbled across a
    > stroke of genius. Whenever a show worth keeping around comes on, fans
    > should bombard the PTC with phonecalls so they CAN'T call the FCC to
    > complain. Well done, Ron, you've saved television.

    "Save television"? He's surely burn in hell for eternity for that.

    --
    Terry Austin
    www.hyperbooks.com

    Marc L. wrote:
    > Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net> wrote in news:pEbue.6060$up5.4629
    > @lakeread02:
    >

    >>Oh, well, I meant calling them to complain about being offended.
    >

    > I'd like to ask these groups where they get the idea that the
    > government has the obligation to protect them from getting offended?
    > In the words of Penn and Teller, this is Bullshit. Er, not you
    > Werebat, those groups.

    I saw that episode recently. Good stuff.

    Groups like that get the ideas they get from a compulsive need to
    control manifested in their founding members. It doesn't hurt that
    there is usually opportunity for profit in their endeavors, either.

    - Ron ^*^

    In article <pEbue.6060$up5.4629@lakeread02>,
    Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net> wrote:
    >Oh, you mean tying up their lines. Well, that's a pretty cool idea too,
    >but it would take an awful lot of calls...

    This is what autodialers and speech synthesizers are for.

World Of Warcraft Games Video Games