2 of the wired ports not working

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

I have the MN-700 wireless base station and have used it
without problem for over a year. 2 of the wired ports
have never been used until now. My son got an xbox and
when i plugged it in to an empty port, it had no
connection. I tried it with my laptop, which was working
on a different port, and it also does not work. To
exclude the cable, i moved the cable to another port and
it works fine. It seems that the lower two wired ports
are simply not functional. I have all the latest
firmware updates. Any suggestions on how to enable the
two non-working ports would be appreciated.

Ken

I don't think there is any way to "enable" the wired ports. They should work
or not on their own (after all it is just hardware...) You might want to
contact MS Tech support as outlined in the MN-700 user manual.

Others may chime in with more or better information.

HTH

"ken" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have the MN-700 wireless base station and have used it
> without problem for over a year. 2 of the wired ports
> have never been used until now. My son got an xbox and
> when i plugged it in to an empty port, it had no
> connection. I tried it with my laptop, which was working
> on a different port, and it also does not work. To
> exclude the cable, i moved the cable to another port and
> it works fine. It seems that the lower two wired ports
> are simply not functional. I have all the latest
> firmware updates. Any suggestions on how to enable the
> two non-working ports would be appreciated.
>
> Ken

I have the EXACT same problem, Ken... on BOTH of my MN700s. Happend on
Thursday past and is actuall why I am here. Did you ever call tech support or
find help?