Faranth

Distinguished
May 17, 2002
well, ive mostly bought all my stuff from ebay, cpus and board and such. the two processors were sposed to be fine, there amd mp 1.2 ghz processors durin the tyan boot screen it dectets both but! only shows the read out for one, im assumming that only one is workin or that board slot is bad. the baord is the tyan Tiger MP (S2460) , it has one slight falw to it where the ram clips r broken off, its nothing huge and so far the board works perfectly, but this processor thing is gettin to me

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
R U sure both CPUs are fine, you can make sure of that by only tring one cpu at a time. once thats out of the way you can look at the bios to see if its set up for two CPUs. if so then i would say bad mobo.

<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/scamtron2000/Lochel.html" target="_new"><b><font color=red>Go To My Site</A>

mbetea

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2001
when did you buy these parts? just recently? both the s2460 or mp1.2 chips are cheap as hell. i don't see how you could get any cheaper putting together an mp setup, even from buying from retailers. looks like you got a lemon. even if all is fine, i'd be suspicious with a broken ram clip--would make me wonder what else is wrong with it.

[insert philosophical statement here]