Sign in with
Your question

Movie Theater Popcorn

Tags:
  • Movies
Last response: in Entertainment
April 20, 2011 12:36:31 AM

I know this isn't exactly about movies but it is related. I have a hot air popcorn popper and was wondering if anyone knows how to make any good flavored popcorn using it? I tried just using melted butter and it didn't go well.

More about : movie theater popcorn

April 20, 2011 12:55:54 AM

Try adding some butter salt just after its popped then some melted butter. Works for me, Dave
April 22, 2011 10:48:52 PM

Oldmangamer_73 said:
For the best tasting popcorn use coconut oil to pop it in. Taste just like the movie theater and also preserves it for re-heating.

I am going to assume that this won't work with a hot air popper. Might try it though using this method in an oil popper. Thanks.
Related resources
April 25, 2011 4:50:58 PM

jaelbrt said:
I know this isn't exactly about movies but it is related. I have a hot air popcorn popper and was wondering if anyone knows how to make any good flavored popcorn using it? I tried just using melted butter and it didn't go well.

If you are really wanting the movie popcorn go into a theater at closing time. All the popcorn that is left over is placed in these massively large bags (imagine 55 gallon size trash bags) and then thrown away. Tell them you will take it off their hands and you will have a bag of popcorn that will last a month.

When I was younger I had friends that work at a theater. We used to get these huge bags and run over them in our cars.
May 3, 2011 12:32:56 AM

Thanks for all your replies.
Related resources
!