Dell inspiron 8100 Reste mainboard

Anyone knows how to restet my motherboard on a dell inspiron 8100. I have
forgot my Bios password. And my win 2000 instalation wont start.
Are there any mainboard battery or a reset switch on the mainboard.??
The machine wont start from the cd rom.

Atle
2 answers Last reply
More about dell inspiron 8100 reste mainboard

    Contact Dell and provide proof of ownership. They will give you a master
    password.

    Tom
    "atle" <atlew@online.no> wrote in message
    > Anyone knows how to restet my motherboard on a dell inspiron 8100. I have
    > forgot my Bios password. And my win 2000 instalation wont start.
    > Are there any mainboard battery or a reset switch on the mainboard.??
    > The machine wont start from the cd rom.
    >
    > Atle

    I hope he can. Because i still have a problem. I bought a broken Inspiron
    2650 (mobo was damaged) on a fair. From ebay a second handed mobo and
    everything works now. However, no password. And i can't prove i am the
    owner. So a non working laptop overhere. :(

    Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> schreef in bericht
    > Contact Dell and provide proof of ownership. They will give you a master
    > password.
    >
    > Tom
    > "atle" <atlew@online.no> wrote in message
    > > Anyone knows how to restet my motherboard on a dell inspiron 8100. I
    have
    > > forgot my Bios password. And my win 2000 instalation wont start.
    > > Are there any mainboard battery or a reset switch on the mainboard.??
    > > The machine wont start from the cd rom.
    > >
    > > Atle

Dell Dell Inspiron Computers