Your question
Solved

FIU and ZoneAlarm

Tags:
  • Security
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
February 28, 2013 10:50:06 PM

I'm running Windows 7 Pro. 64-bit with the Free ZoneAlarm firewall installed. Occasionally Java has to update but whenever it updates, ZoneAlarm pops up and says FIU is trying to access the internet through a bunch of other programs. I deny FIU access but it persists until the update finishes.

What the hell is FIU? And how do I get rid of it?

Any information and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

More about : fiu zonealarm

February 28, 2013 10:52:21 PM

Do you have a creen shot? Or full name of program trying to access the internet (if its more than just FIU)?
m
l
Related resources
March 1, 2013 9:09:36 AM

I have downloaded and used TDSSkiller already and nothing came up.

The program is just called FIU. It appears under the OSFirewall tab setting in ZoneAlarm. It tries to access a bunch of programs such as GPUTemp.exe, iTunes, ATH.exe, syncserver.exe, conhost.exe, firefox.exe, etc. I block it all but I have no idea how to get rid of it. It's quite annoying every time I have to update Java.
m
l

Best solution

a b 8 Security
a c 423 $ Windows 7
March 1, 2013 10:28:06 AM
March 9, 2013 11:07:40 PM

My apologies for the late response. I did go online and run the scanner, and here is the log it came back with.

Two items: C:\Dropbox\cpu-z_1.60.1-setup-en.exe a variant of Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Ask application cleaned by deleting - quarantined
C:\Dropbox\OrbitDownloaderSetup.exe Win32/OpenCandy application cleaned by deleting - quarantined

I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens next time I update Java.
m
l
March 9, 2013 11:08:01 PM

Best answer selected by superslacker.
m
l
!