Sign in with
Your question

Acer Aspire 5251-1513 fails to boot Windows after attempted factory restore.

Tags:
  • Aspire
  • Acer
  • Boot
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
February 28, 2013 11:24:56 PM

Hello,
I attempted to restore my Acer Aspire laptop to factory defaults using the built in recovery partition. As far as I know there was nothing at all wrong with the computer, I was just prepping it for resell. Now when I try to boot the computer I get to a screen that says "Setup is starting services, but then I receive an error message that states "Windows could not complete the installation. To install windows on this computer, restart the installation." I click okay and the the process just repeats itself. I can still access the BIOS and have tried to boot from a Windows installation disc and from a USB with no luck. Any advice on my situation would be appreciated.

More about : acer aspire 5251 1513 fails boot windows attempted factory restore

April 7, 2013 11:50:48 AM

JamesD90 said:
Hello,
I attempted to restore my Acer Aspire laptop to factory defaults using the built in recovery partition. As far as I know there was nothing at all wrong with the computer, I was just prepping it for resell. Now when I try to boot the computer I get to a screen that says "Setup is starting services, but then I receive an error message that states "Windows could not complete the installation. To install windows on this computer, restart the installation." I click okay and the the process just repeats itself. I can still access the BIOS and have tried to boot from a Windows installation disc and from a USB with no luck. Any advice on my situation would be appreciated.

m
l
Related resources
!