XP can't find CD or DVD drives at all

Take_Out

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I used Adaptec CD Creator when XP told me not to since it wasn't compatible. I lost the CD-R and then after 2 or 3 reboots, the CD and then after 7-8, the floppy drive doesn't show up but it works, the other 2 drives don't show up at all, and they are on the Primary IDE Controller, slave and master.
Tried to disconnect and reboot and connect and reboot, but that didn't work either.
Please Help
Thanks,
Take-Out

"We killed OUR Hitler" - attributed to Paul McCartney (If so, then well done, sir)

Take_Out

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Thanks for the reply, and yes I did uninstall the software and reinstalled XP twice now. I think that perhaps the CD-R has a software glitch that caused it to trash my SM Bus drivers. Does this sound possible? My SM Bus is without drivers now two reinstalls later. These reinstalls aren't complete reformats or even close, as they kept the My Documents folder. I would like to reformat, and am considering moving my CD-R to the secondary as a slave to the master HD "C". That controller is working, but the floppy not working has me baffled. Any help appreciated.
Thanks for reading,
Take-Out

"We killed OUR Hitler" - attributed to Paul McCartney (If so, then well done, sir)<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Take_Out on 02/25/03 06:19 PM.</EM></FONT></P>