Linksys Wireless Camera WCV54G

I cannot get my system to recognize a new wireless cam as
a Web Cam. It is installed and functions as "LINKSYS"
requires. It seems to only be able to be used for
recording and monitoring. I could do that with my old
cam. I used my USB cam as a webcam but cannot use the
wireless internet camera on the messenger services as my
system will not recognize it as a "Web Cam".

Does anyone know how to access and recognize the new
wireless cameras as a Web Cam?

You may want to ask in one of the general networking newsgroups or perhaps
the Linksys support area. This newsgroup supports Microsoft's Broadband
Networking hardware and software, not wireless cams.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC