WIN 7 32-BIT drivers for an inspiron 580s

ianpolmc

Honorable
Feb 28, 2013
I NEEDED TO DOWNGRADE MY DELL INSPIRON 580s FROM A 64-BIT TO A 32-BIT WINDOWS 7 OPERATING SYSTEM. WHEN I DID THIS I COULD NOT FIND A 32 BIT DRIVER FOR THE ETHERNET CONTROLLER. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME. I TRIED THE ONES LISTED ABOVE AND ALSO THE ONES FOR A 32-BIT VISTA OP BUT NO LUCK.

THANK YOU

tigerg

Honorable
Feb 24, 2013
First, stop using all caps.

Second, if you didn't find 32 bit drivers for this platform on Dell's site, then they don't support 32 bit OSs on that platform. Why are you even trying to install the 32 bit version of Windows?

xomm

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2011
Ease off the Caps Lock. It's not going to get you help any faster.

A brief search yields no results for a Windows 7 32-bit BCM57788 driver.
Any particular reason why you needed 32-bit instead of 64-bit? Might have better luck finding a workaround for that.

(Future reference, make it a habit to gather drivers before changing OSes. Saves time and grief.)

ianpolmc

Honorable
Feb 28, 2013
I need 32 bit operating system for peripherals that I am trying to run. Everything works except for the ethernet. the peripherals i am trying to run is a digital panoramic dental x-ray machine. sorry for the caps.

xomm

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2011

The more specific you are, the better we can help. What's the make and model for the x-ray machine?

Worst comes to worst, you can always get a third-party Ethernet controller if you absolutely must have a 32-bit OS and everything else works fine.

ianpolmc

Honorable
Feb 28, 2013
The panoramic is a panoramic corp PC1000 with a DXIS digital sensor. The digital sensor uses a coaxial cable a card to connect the the computer. DXIS was a French company that has since gone out of business but I was able to get in touch with a guy who used to work for them and now lives in Canada. He told me that it will only work on a 32 bit operating system. These panoramic machines cost upwards of $35000 dollars new, so I want to save some money by getting this one working. I thought about using a USB wireless device as a work around or swapping out an older computer that still runs on WIN XP, but before I mess with another computer, I wanted to see if there was a way to get this to work. Thank you for your input.