Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Do not know my Product Key

Tags:
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
March 1, 2013 6:28:08 AM

Over the past couple of hours I was having some driver issues and it resulted in me re-installing my OS. I didn't save anything and just reformated everything. I have the sticker on the side of my tower that has my product key, but the last two sets of codes are torn off. I downloaded some programs to hopefully find my product key, but it only finds the generic key installed onto my computer, so I cannot activate it.

Am I screwed? I checked my Windows 7 Disk Package and I didn't see the key. I had my PC custom built by a company, so should I call them and ask if they have my key saved in their records(or something)? I just hope I do not have to buy another key...

More about : product key

a b $ Windows 7
March 1, 2013 6:50:57 AM

looks like you have to buy another key. you could try giving the company a call, if the sticker came torn, maybe they will feel bad and give u a new one, but i doubt it.
Score
March 1, 2013 6:58:11 AM

daswilhelm said:
looks like you have to buy another key. you could try giving the company a call, if the sticker came torn, maybe they will feel bad and give u a new one, but i doubt it.
That's what I was fearing. The sticker didn't come torn, I guess just over time it got torn off.
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
March 1, 2013 7:06:06 AM

please read the fourm rules before asking question. toms hardware dont support piracy. so dont ask product key.
March 1, 2013 7:08:57 AM

You should get another authentic key from Windows.
Score
a c 426 $ Windows 7
March 1, 2013 10:20:48 AM

Best answer selected by SR-71 Blackbird.
Score
a c 426 $ Windows 7
March 1, 2013 10:20:50 AM

This topic has been closed by SR-71 Blackbird
Score
!