Solved

Permission Issues

Sometimes when i try to delete a folder, i always get permission issues wether renaming or deleting.
Most of the time its programs ive installed. For example..

I install Program B
I dont want it anymore so i will uninstall it.
Some files are left over, so ill go in programsx86 and attempt to delete the folder myself.
I will get a "permission access denied try again" message i so hate.

After awhile ill try it again and it will work fine. Most of the time though it seems like something is using the folder but nothing does. When i check my task manager nothing is open. I dont get why this continues to pop up if im on a admin account.
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about permission issues
  1. After uninstalling software, you should always restart Windows before attempting to delete leftover files and folders.
  2. phil22 said:
    After uninstalling software, you should always restart Windows before attempting to delete leftover files and folders.

Okay how about this then.

I downloaded a folder from another computer i had through email. Some program files and whatnot.
    Anyway as i dragged the files inside the file i downloaded into another folder on this computer, a message popped up saying i cant because this folder is currently in use.

The thing is NOTHING is using it? I dont have a antivirus scanner or anything. Nothing is going on in the taskmanager just the usual process's.

How can a folder i simply downloaded, then as im dragging the contents inside that folder into another, somehow be in use when all i did was drag it? Only with windows 7.. never had this problem with xp.
  3. Best answer
    It may be that the folder is open in Windows Explorer, to the security that's using it... Window 7 security is tighter than XP's.. sometimes you can't even save files outside of your user profile folder... to overcome this problem, take ownership of drive C with your user account, by default it may be Administrators or trustedinstaller.. and/or to prevent leaving program leftovers, use Revo Uninstaller which gives you the option to remove programs registry data and leftover folders.
  4. Best answer selected by cerbyd.
Ask a new question

Read More

Task Manager Windows 7