Your question
Solved

Permission Issues

Tags:
  • Task Manager
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
March 1, 2013 6:30:50 AM

Sometimes when i try to delete a folder, i always get permission issues wether renaming or deleting.
Most of the time its programs ive installed. For example..

I install Program B
I dont want it anymore so i will uninstall it.
Some files are left over, so ill go in programsx86 and attempt to delete the folder myself.
I will get a "permission access denied try again" message i so hate.

After awhile ill try it again and it will work fine. Most of the time though it seems like something is using the folder but nothing does. When i check my task manager nothing is open. I dont get why this continues to pop up if im on a admin account.

More about : permission issues

a b $ Windows 7
March 1, 2013 7:32:08 PM

After uninstalling software, you should always restart Windows before attempting to delete leftover files and folders.
m
l
March 1, 2013 8:41:52 PM

phil22 said:
After uninstalling software, you should always restart Windows before attempting to delete leftover files and folders.

Okay how about this then.

I downloaded a folder from another computer i had through email. Some program files and whatnot.
Anyway as i dragged the files inside the file i downloaded into another folder on this computer, a message popped up saying i cant because this folder is currently in use.

The thing is NOTHING is using it? I dont have a antivirus scanner or anything. Nothing is going on in the taskmanager just the usual process's.

How can a folder i simply downloaded, then as im dragging the contents inside that folder into another, somehow be in use when all i did was drag it? Only with windows 7.. never had this problem with xp.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
March 1, 2013 9:07:13 PM

It may be that the folder is open in Windows Explorer, to the security that's using it... Window 7 security is tighter than XP's.. sometimes you can't even save files outside of your user profile folder... to overcome this problem, take ownership of drive C with your user account, by default it may be Administrators or trustedinstaller.. and/or to prevent leaving program leftovers, use Revo Uninstaller which gives you the option to remove programs registry data and leftover folders.
March 2, 2013 8:35:22 PM

Best answer selected by cerbyd.
m
l
!