Blue Screen after sleep mode,what's the deal?!

WolfXll

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
Normally i use Microsoft Security Essentials on my System w/ Windows 7 Ultimate 32Bits,but i decided to try Avast Free. The problem is that,when my PC goes on sleep mode n comes back again,i get a blue screen. A friend told me that thats normal,because Avast can't work properly during sleep mode,but Essential always could without any problem... So guys,what's the deal here? Do you think it's totally normal or something about the Avast version or what?!

Kindredsouls

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
I've seen this problem quite often on home built systems. It has to do with a driver conflict. Sleep/Standby and Hibernate are very driver dependent. Sometimes you simply cannot get a combination of hardware drivers to work together with those modes. Anti Virus is a possible cause, if they use a third party firewall since that does create a virtual driver to run the firewall. Since MS Security Essentials uses the Windows Firewall you could try switching to that. Only other thing I can think of is verify you have the latest version of drivers for all your hardware.

Good luck and I hope that helps.

Rosco2382

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
Also I have seen a lot of issues with Sleep/Hibernate causing BSOD's. I'm still trying to figure it out. I just turn off the Laptop or don't allow it to go into sleep/hibernate anymore.