How to reset a Handspring Visor Platinum?

May 6, 2005 11:20:49 PM

I can't remember how to do the various resets to my Visor (soft and hard
resets). Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Don

May 7, 2005 5:11:12 AM

On Fri, 06 May 2005 19:20:49 -0700, Don <no@adr.com> spewed forth these words of
wisdom:

>I can't remember how to do the various resets to my Visor (soft and hard
>resets). Can anyone help?
>
>Thanks,
>Don

>http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
>----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----

PalmOne still has support for Handspring models.
http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Pa...(887)

Galley
May 7, 2005 5:11:13 AM

On Sat, 07 May 2005 01:11:12 -0400, Galley
<Galley@Spam-Jammer.galleytech.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 06 May 2005 19:20:49 -0700, Don <no@adr.com> spewed forth these words of
>wisdom:
>
>>I can't remember how to do the various resets to my Visor (soft and hard
>>resets). Can anyone help?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Don

>>http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
>>----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----
>
>PalmOne still has support for Handspring models.
>http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Pa...(887)
Thanks Galley. I don't know why I didn't think of that.

Thanks much.
Don

May 7, 2005 10:08:32 PM

How To Perform a Hard Reset
To perform a hard reset:

1.. Hold down the power button on the front panel of the handheld.
2.. While holding down the power button, use the reset tip tool, the tip
of an unfolded paper clip, or a similar object without a sharp tip to gently
press the reset button.
3.. When the Palm Computing Platform logo appears on the screen, release
the power button.
4.. When a message appears on the handheld screen warning that you are
about to erase all the data stored on your handheld, do one of the
following:

a.. Press the top scroll button on the front panel of your handheld to
complete the hard reset and display the Digitizer screen.
b.. Press any other button to perform a soft reset.

Tom
www.TreoBlast.com
!