Windows 7 Shipping Sept/Oct, Says Compal

Status
Not open for further replies.

aethm

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
I think it's possible. I'm testing the beta 7000 version and it's darn good. Although, I don't really see a reason to upgrade because there is nothing wrong with Vista. It's still a smart move by microsoft since vista managed to earn a bad name even though it's a great os. Hopefully they will have a cheap upgrade option for vista users. I'm not holding my breath though.

techtre2003

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2006
I think this would make more sense if MS were able to ship by October. From what I've read, Win7 will run pretty well on Netbooks which I would venture to say will be one of the "hot" items this holiday season.

I'd say if anyone outside of MS would have inside info on the estimated shipping date it would make sense that it would be the President of one of the largest notebook makers.

G

I don't care what marketeers say.. I'm expecting it around July-august this year. If not, I wouldn't mind, since I'm currently not planning on buying an OS or computer.

I might buy a mininotebook with windows 7, but only after oktober. So I'm not in a hurry. But it's not fun to see so many contradictions in the release date.

n3ard3ath

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
I got 6 or more gig of RAM, there is nothing wrong with Vista. I deactivated half the services, so it runs fine, there is nothing wrong with Vista. I listen Windows Mojave ads while touching myself, there is nothing wrong with Vista. Yeah right!

Oh, and if this rumor is true, it just proves wrong those who said W7 were going to release years from now, and that the Vista SP2 claim was ludicrous.

Tedders

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]n3aRd3aTh[/nom]I got 6 or more gig of RAM, there is nothing wrong with Vista. I deactivated half the services, so it runs fine, there is nothing wrong with Vista. I listen Windows Mojave ads while touching myself, there is nothing wrong with Vista. Yeah right!Oh, and if this rumor is true, it just proves wrong those who said W7 were going to release years from now, and that the Vista SP2 claim was ludicrous.[/citation]

Haha, I have heard that stuff too. If it takes all of that work, then imagine what Joe Grandpa is having to deal with when he is using his 500 Best Buy machine with Vista.

plbyrd

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2008
RTM (release to manufacturing) will be June 30, 2009. You can guarantee that unless something major comes up during the RC that the chairman of the board wants this thing out in Q2.

mtyermom

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007
[citation][nom]plbyrd[/nom]RTM (release to manufacturing) will be June 30, 2009. You can guarantee that unless something major comes up during the RC that the chairman of the board wants this thing out in Q2.[/citation]

...and yet the article says Win 7 has gone gold/RTM, but will be hitting its release candidate milestone on April 10.

way to go on contradicting yourself, Marcus

Marcus Yam

Splendid
Jul 1, 2008
[citation][nom]mtyermom[/nom]...and yet the article says Win 7 has gone gold/RTM, but will be hitting its release candidate milestone on April 10.way to go on contradicting yourself, Marcus[/citation]
Until Windows 7 is announced to have gone gold and/or released to manufacturers...

Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.