Sign in with
Your question

Macbook pro alternative

Last response: in MacBooks
September 2, 2011 11:29:17 AM

Hi im a amateur editor and also in college and looking for a cheaper alternative to the macbook pro for up to £1000.
It must be a laptop. Editing programs include adobe after effects, sony vegas pro, cinema 4d and photoshop. also alot of CAD work for college
a b D Laptop
September 2, 2011 12:20:27 PM

What were the hardware specs on the mac?

Cheaper alternatives would be gaming laptops or high end consumer models.

Gaming models can be found from the following companies: Asus, Sager, MSI, Dell and custom boutique vendors

High end consumer models you can find at pretty much every big company today, Dell has XPS series, Toshiba has Qosmio series, etc

There are probably custom vendors in England too, but any specific names escape me.
September 2, 2011 12:48:55 PM

The only other notebook I would get besides Apple is SonyVaio, and in a very last case scenario, Dell
Related resources
September 2, 2011 1:04:25 PM

15inch macbook pro 2.0ghz quad core i7, amd hd readon 6490m, 500gb hard drive 5400rpm, up to 7 hour battery life
a c 200 D Laptop
September 2, 2011 1:13:33 PM

I suggest you look at the Dell Precision Mobile Workstations (US link is below, but will help you find via the UK site).

http://www.dell.com/us/business/p/precision-laptops

Of note will be the Nvidia Quadro GPU which may be useful off-loading video rendering. These GPUs are also very good in terms of support with all CAD programs.

Good luck!
!