john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

I have an 8400 with the ATI Radeon X300 SE. Can I use the latest drivers
from ATI for the Radeon series or must I use the Dell drivers available
for this card?

You can use ATI's drivers. For the last couple of years, it's been almost 100%
certain that chip manufacturer's drivers can be used with brand-name products.
It's too expensive any more for name brand companies to insist on a proprietary
spin of a chip just to be different. Lots of costs are impacted by highly
proprietary hardware: design, manufacturing, test, spare parts, tech support.

.... Ben Myers

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 08:18:30 -0500, John <john@invalid.org> wrote:

>I have an 8400 with the ATI Radeon X300 SE. Can I use the latest drivers
>from ATI for the Radeon series or must I use the Dell drivers available
>for this card?

No problem at all. Check site

http://www.ati.com/support/drivers/winxp/radeonwdm-xp.html?type=xp&prodType=graphic&prod=productsXPdriver&submit.x=14&submit.y=12&submit=GO%21

You can also try the "Omega editon" drivers. http://www.omegadrivers.net/