MN-510 adapter won't obtain IP address

Anonymous
January 5, 2005 11:50:54 PM

I have 3 MN-510 USB adapters, one just fresh out of the
box. It's that one I just opened that is giving me fits.
I placed it on a PC which was alreqady setup for the same
adapter, and it would see the network with full signal -
however it would not pull down an IP address. The router
(a Linksys) would show it's MAC, and 0.0.0.0 for an IP.
When pulling another one from another PC, that other
adapter and that PC came on-line right away. Same non-
working adapter did not work on another PC. IOW the
problem is following the adapter.

All are WinXp SP2 (with the driver updated), the other
adapter has had it's firmware flashed - this one would if
I could. Might that be the problem???
!