Sign in with
Your question

HP 6910P laptop external vga

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
September 4, 2011 5:05:35 AM

Hello, I can't get a signal from my laptop on my Mitsubishi XC3730 37" monitor VGA input. I've tried all of the switching on the laptop I can find (Windows, ATI Catalyst, the fn+F5 key) but nothing even produces as much as a flicker on the monitor. The monitor does work - I use it now with an HD tv tuner, and have used it with several other HD tuners, as well as an IBM T23 laptop. I even tried the laptop with another monitor and it works with it Any ideas?
a b D Laptop
a b α HP
a b C Monitor
September 4, 2011 6:39:55 AM

did you open the catalyst control center and select: preference>advance view and go desktop management>advance display settings>detect whenever catalyst control center is open?
m
l
September 4, 2011 9:00:04 PM

Don't have that choice of options listed, but I did find "detect whenever catalyst control center is open", but that didn't work either... :( 
m
l
Related resources
a b D Laptop
a b α HP
a b C Monitor
September 5, 2011 2:32:47 AM

did you go to creating and arranging desktop and see 2 display on the list? I think you are using an older version of CCC. You have to drag the second monitor to a box to activate it in older versions of CCC from my memory. If it is a new version, just right click on display number 2 and select extend (more desktop space) or replicate (both screen display same image).

I suggest you update CCC for better support.
m
l
September 5, 2011 3:57:01 AM

Did all of the above...still doesn't work. But I have noticed now the monitor goes to a black screen (instead of blue) for a half second every few minutes... but none of the switching gets me anything...
m
l
a b D Laptop
a b α HP
a b C Monitor
September 5, 2011 4:04:45 AM

Run out of idea. Need some thinking time.
m
l
September 21, 2011 5:09:41 AM

Got it!!! Pin 11 (monitor sense) need to be grounded...
m
l
a b D Laptop
a b α HP
a b C Monitor
September 22, 2011 1:29:13 AM

Congratulation!
m
l
!