As title says Im studying 3D/VFX and i Got a beast of a computer at home, BUT Im in need to be able to take my work with mé around. And my laptop atm is an OOOOOOOOOLD IBM... That cant even run the internet explore without ******* up.. What Im trying to say is that i would rly apreciate if some of u had any Info about what kind of laptop that Can handle (Maya, Photoshop, Zbrush, Nuke/aftereffects) and so on..
My budget.. Im not sure What my budget is, it light be higher, but prob around 1500-2000$
I havent found any computers my self to show u guys and so, cause i simply Got no clue of What i would be looking for
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Medium to large size
3. What screen resolution do you want?
17+ if its the inches on the screen ?
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
Portable, but well i need to be able to model, texturize, animate, use aftereffect, Nuke, maya ect.. So it needs to be alittle powerfull.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Yes i would Luke to play some league of legends, alittle wow..
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Photoshop, maya 2012, Nuke, aftereffects and more.. No render rly. Cause i have a very good computer at home.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? Ill guess about 1T max, not sure i nees so much,
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
Min 3-4 years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Hmm DvD ROM to install maya and such
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Well i heard that lenovo thinkpads os good?
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Nothing further, Im sorry this isnt the most furfilled review, but Im not the best computers