Recommendation for a 2-port KVM switch.

Greetings,

I would like to get a recommendation for a 2-port KVM switch.

Belkin's web site had a 2-port KVM switch with built-in cabling, PS/2. I
believe that Belkin make one with USB connections for the keyboard and
mouse.

Does any one have experience with the Belkin switches or another brand? I
would appreciate any help and comments.

Thank you in advance,

Leer
4 answers Last reply
More about recommendation port switch

    I use a DLink Model # DKVM-2KU, 2 Port w/USB 2.0 and it works flawlessly. I
    highly recommend it.

    "Leer" <lrcite@yahoonotthis.com> wrote in message
    > Greetings,
    >
    > I would like to get a recommendation for a 2-port KVM switch.
    >
    > Belkin's web site had a 2-port KVM switch with built-in cabling, PS/2. I
    > believe that Belkin make one with USB connections for the keyboard and
    > mouse.
    >
    > Does any one have experience with the Belkin switches or another brand? I
    > would appreciate any help and comments.
    >
    > Thank you in advance,
    >
    > Leer

    if you have keyboard/mouse that are ps/2 (not usb) then these are good
    choices and the first is very cheap!
    http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10329380&adid=17071&dcaid=17071
    http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10333399&loc=101&hdwt=22033&sp=1

    "Leer" <lrcite@yahoonotthis.com> wrote in message
    > Greetings,
    >
    > I would like to get a recommendation for a 2-port KVM switch.
    >
    > Belkin's web site had a 2-port KVM switch with built-in cabling, PS/2. I
    > believe that Belkin make one with USB connections for the keyboard and
    > mouse.
    >
    > Does any one have experience with the Belkin switches or another brand? I
    > would appreciate any help and comments.
    >
    > Thank you in advance,
    >
    > Leer

    Would urge caution with Belkin KVMs - I've had a number of experiences of 8
    way switches that start off just fine, then give up the ghost for no real
    reason...

    cheers
    Dave

    "Leer" <lrcite@yahoonotthis.com> wrote in message
    > Greetings,
    >
    > I would like to get a recommendation for a 2-port KVM switch.
    >
    > Belkin's web site had a 2-port KVM switch with built-in cabling, PS/2. I
    > believe that Belkin make one with USB connections for the keyboard and
    > mouse.
    >
    > Does any one have experience with the Belkin switches or another brand? I
    > would appreciate any help and comments.
    >
    > Thank you in advance,
    >
    > Leer

    View From The Hill,

    Thanks for your response and comments. These always help to make a choice.

    Leer

    "View From The Hill" <not@today.com> wrote in message
    > Would urge caution with Belkin KVMs - I've had a number of experiences of
    > 8 way switches that start off just fine, then give up the ghost for no
    > real reason...
    >
    > cheers
    > Dave
    >

    > "Leer" <lrcite@yahoonotthis.com> wrote in message
    >> Greetings,
    >>
    >> I would like to get a recommendation for a 2-port KVM switch.
    >>
    >> Belkin's web site had a 2-port KVM switch with built-in cabling, PS/2. I
    >> believe that Belkin make one with USB connections for the keyboard and
    >> mouse.
    >>
    >> Does any one have experience with the Belkin switches or another brand? I
    >> would appreciate any help and comments.
    >>
    >> Thank you in advance,
    >>
    >> Leer

Dell Switch KVM Belkin Computers