MN-740 Firmware will not update

I can not get the firmware to update on my MN-740 Xbox Wireless adpater.
It's running v1.3.0.5 for the boot firmware and v1.0.1.20 for the runtime
firmware. I've tried the instructions at:

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/readme/readme_mn740_102.htm

but no matter what I do it fails. Neither procedure (with and without a
wireless router, access point, or gateway) works. I've tried connecting it
to multiple computers (Windows 2000, and 2 Windows XP professionals), and in
every case the software gets to the Install Updates screen then after I hit
Next it tries to update the components, but after about 30 seconds it comes
back saying the runtime firware update failed. I've positioned the Xbox
Wireless adapter about 2 feet away from my access point.

Any ideas?
John

kc

I just upgraded the firmware in my MN-740. Worked fine.
I connected the MN-740's to a 10/100 ethernet port on my
wireless router, as opposed to directly to my PC.

Make sure you don't an IPSec or VPN client enabled.
*This caused the inability to discover the MN-740 on my
first attempt*

Try resetting the MN-740 to factory default first by
pressing/holding the recessed button on the back.
Powered up, naturally.

Good luck !

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

If you're not using DHCP, see my conv w/Chris on this
subject from Jan. 1.

TRENDING THREADS