i got an intruder!

rdc

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2004

when i open my BS Management Tool, i have an unknown client in my DHCP
Client List, i dont understand how this could be possible for someone to get
a free ride off my network since i have MAC Filtering enabled, isnt the
purpose of mac filtering to only allow access to the computers i have in my
MAC Filtering list?
either way, how can i boot them?

are you using WPA or WEP? If WEP, change the key. If WPA, make sure
you are using a passphrase of 20+ RANDOM characters. Change the SSID
to something different than MSHOME and something non recognizable, the
more random the better.

--
Barb Bowman
Expert Zone Columnist