Sign in with
Your question

LAPTOP WON'T SAVE PERSONALISED SETTINGS AFTER RESTART! Please help!

Tags:
Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
September 6, 2011 12:04:50 PM

Hi,

Please could someone help me? Just bought new laptop yesterday, however... every time I reboot, it comes up with a window saying 'Setting up personalised settings'! :??: 

Please tell me how to fix this.

Thanks

medsoluk - Laurence

September 6, 2011 12:31:08 PM

What settings are you talking about? Try changing one at a time instead of all at once... When you change more and/or multiply settings, not all of it is changed at once... If you can try one at a time and restart... BTW, what setting you talking about, Games or Windows or others?
September 6, 2011 1:06:38 PM

legendkiller said:
What settings are you talking about? Try changing one at a time instead of all at once... When you change more and/or multiply settings, not all of it is changed at once... If you can try one at a time and restart... BTW, what setting you talking about, Games or Windows or others?

My home page on IE9 changes to MSN/Bing and my desktop wallpaper changes back to the default + plus the windows that pops up every time!
Related resources
September 6, 2011 1:47:45 PM

legendkiller said:

My home page and my desktop background go back to the default on reboot. It's getting annoying + plus the window that pops up takes some time to go away!
September 6, 2011 2:54:09 PM

Try creating a new user account, and see if that fixes it.

Type "Add user account" into the Win7 search bar and select "Add or Remove a User Account" Add the new account and try logging into it.
September 6, 2011 2:59:33 PM

:hello: 
tomatthe said:
Try creating a new user account, and see if that fixes it.

Type "Add user account" into the Win7 search bar and select "Add or Remove a User Account" Add the new account and try logging into it.

Yeah, just doen that and restarted and this account is fine :) 

thanks
September 6, 2011 11:38:39 PM

medsoluk said:

thanks

I Dont recommend creating 2+ Account unless it's Server and/or Linux because creating lots of account will most likely to slow down your HDD and/or Hardware(Such as CPU and/or RAM)
September 6, 2011 11:38:40 PM

medsoluk said:

thanks

I Dont recommend creating 2+ Account unless it's Server and/or Linux because creating lots of account will most likely to slow down your HDD and/or Hardware(Such as CPU and/or RAM)
September 7, 2011 7:11:41 AM

legendkiller said:

Delete my other one though...
September 8, 2011 3:21:49 AM

medsoluk said:
Delete my other one though...

okay, good luck lol...
!