  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming
Anonymous
June 26, 2005 3:53:44 PM

Something just occurred to me... would any of you guys be interested in
playing a campaign here, on this NG?

I'm thinking of perhaps DM'ing a module, probly Return to the Temple of
Elemental Evil, 'cause I think it's an awesome adventure. This is
negotiable.

If this gets off the ground, I'll make an "official" thread for it;
right now, I just wanna see if there's sufficient interest.

Laszlo

More about : idea

Anonymous
June 26, 2005 7:24:16 PM

In article <1119812024.120331.83150@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote:

> Something just occurred to me... would any of you guys be interested in
> playing a campaign here, on this NG?
>
> I'm thinking of perhaps DM'ing a module, probly Return to the Temple of
> Elemental Evil, 'cause I think it's an awesome adventure. This is
> negotiable.
>
> If this gets off the ground, I'll make an "official" thread for it;
> right now, I just wanna see if there's sufficient interest.
>
> Laszlo

like others have said, maybe on the actual ng isn't the place, but still
I'd like to participate in some sort of digital campaign.
Anonymous
June 26, 2005 9:04:49 PM

laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote:
> Something just occurred to me... would any of you guys be interested in
> playing a campaign here, on this NG?
>
> I'm thinking of perhaps DM'ing a module, probly Return to the Temple of
> Elemental Evil, 'cause I think it's an awesome adventure. This is
> negotiable.
>
> If this gets off the ground, I'll make an "official" thread for it;
> right now, I just wanna see if there's sufficient interest.
>
> Laszlo

I would be interested in helping for a couple rounds or days of
gametime. I'm not sure I could play the whole game. Perhaps I could
play a few NPCs on an encounter or run a location in a city.
June 26, 2005 9:15:09 PM

laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote:

> Something just occurred to me... would any of you guys be interested in
> playing a campaign here, on this NG?
>
> I'm thinking of perhaps DM'ing a module, probly Return to the Temple of
> Elemental Evil, 'cause I think it's an awesome adventure. This is
> negotiable.
>
> If this gets off the ground, I'll make an "official" thread for it;
> right now, I just wanna see if there's sufficient interest.
>
> Laszlo

I don't think the newsgroup would be the proper place for a campaign,
although it wouldn't exactly be NOISE. PBEM might make more sense.

- Ron ^*^
Anonymous
June 26, 2005 9:15:10 PM

Werebat wrote:

> laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote:
>
>> Something just occurred to me... would any of you guys be interested in
>> playing a campaign here, on this NG?
>>
>> I'm thinking of perhaps DM'ing a module, probly Return to the Temple of
>> Elemental Evil, 'cause I think it's an awesome adventure. This is
>> negotiable.
>>
>> If this gets off the ground, I'll make an "official" thread for it;
>> right now, I just wanna see if there's sufficient interest.
>>
>> Laszlo
>

> I don't think the newsgroup would be the proper place for a campaign,
> although it wouldn't exactly be NOISE. PBEM might make more sense.
>
> - Ron ^*^

Or a messageboard where such things are encouraged.
Anonymous
June 26, 2005 9:56:51 PM

laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote:
> Something just occurred to me... would any of you guys be interested in
> playing a campaign here, on this NG?
>
> I'm thinking of perhaps DM'ing a module, probly Return to the Temple of
> Elemental Evil, 'cause I think it's an awesome adventure. This is
> negotiable.
>
> If this gets off the ground, I'll make an "official" thread for it;
> right now, I just wanna see if there's sufficient interest.
>
> Laszlo

You would probably get flamed in every post for actually being on topic
LOL! You wouldnt really have the control of posts that is required to run
a game on this newsgroup. I am in a group that has been using RPOL for the
past year, and so far it has worked flawlessly.
Anonymous
June 26, 2005 9:59:08 PM

C. Baize wrote:
> Werebat wrote:
>

>> laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote:
>>
>>> Something just occurred to me... would any of you guys be interested in
>>> playing a campaign here, on this NG?
>>>
>>> I'm thinking of perhaps DM'ing a module, probly Return to the Temple of
>>> Elemental Evil, 'cause I think it's an awesome adventure. This is
>>> negotiable.
>>>
>>> If this gets off the ground, I'll make an "official" thread for it;
>>> right now, I just wanna see if there's sufficient interest.
>>>
>>> Laszlo
>>

>> I don't think the newsgroup would be the proper place for a campaign,
>> although it wouldn't exactly be NOISE. PBEM might make more sense.
>>
>> - Ron ^*^
>>

> Or a messageboard where such things are encouraged.

It would be neat to have him run it more experimental, to trial game
rules and scenarios, not to play an actual game start to finish.
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 3:32:53 AM

<laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu> wrote in message
> Something just occurred to me... would any of you guys be interested in
> playing a campaign here, on this NG?

Not part of the group's charter, but you can certainly organize such an
event and plot-plan or otherwise brainstorm on the matter on the forum
without crossing any important boundaries. Many would probably enjoy the
diversion and discussion.
But hold the actual game moves on a private board/website/etc. that's
under your own control.

-Michael
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 3:32:54 AM

Michael Scott Brown wrote:

> <laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu> wrote in message
>
>>Something just occurred to me... would any of you guys be interested in
>>playing a campaign here, on this NG?
>

> Not part of the group's charter

You crack me up, MSB! :^P

- Ron ^*^
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 5:28:37 AM

Michael Scott Brown wrote:
> <laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu> wrote in message
> > Something just occurred to me... would any of you guys be interested in
> > playing a campaign here, on this NG?
>
> Not part of the group's charter, but you can certainly organize such an
> event and plot-plan or otherwise brainstorm on the matter on the forum
> without crossing any important boundaries. Many would probably enjoy the
> diversion and discussion.
> But hold the actual game moves on a private board/website/etc. that's
> under your own control.

I know it's against the charter. The reason I wanted to hold it here is
because I thought it would be fun for the peanut gallery, not just the
players, and it would--no doubt--lead to interesting rules discussions.
This would not happen if it were on a different board; I doubt that
many regulars/lurkers would take the trouble to regularly check out a
different board.

Laszlo
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 5:32:42 AM

"Michael Scott Brown" <mistermichael@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> <laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu> wrote in message
>> Something just occurred to me... would any of you guys be interested in
>> playing a campaign here, on this NG?
>
> Not part of the group's charter, but you can certainly organize such an
> event and plot-plan or otherwise brainstorm on the matter on the forum
> without crossing any important boundaries. Many would probably enjoy the
> diversion and discussion.
> But hold the actual game moves on a private board/website/etc. that's
> under your own control.

There is more than one MSB, methinks. That's the first civilized response
I've read from him about someone other than him. <applause light goes on>
Proud to see another, softer, side to the proud MSB.

-==-
Jerry Chesko
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 5:32:43 AM

Jerry Chesko wrote:
> "Michael Scott Brown" <mistermichael@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>
>><laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu> wrote in message
>>
>>>Something just occurred to me... would any of you guys be interested in
>>>playing a campaign here, on this NG?
>>
>> Not part of the group's charter, but you can certainly organize such an
>>event and plot-plan or otherwise brainstorm on the matter on the forum
>>without crossing any important boundaries. Many would probably enjoy the
>>diversion and discussion.
>> But hold the actual game moves on a private board/website/etc. that's
>>under your own control.
>>

> There is more than one MSB, methinks. That's the first civilized response
> I've read from him about someone other than him. <applause light goes on>
> Proud to see another, softer, side to the proud MSB.

MSB is more like me than he'd like you to know. :^)

- Ron ^*^
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 8:55:32 AM

"Nikolas Landauer" <dacileva.flea@hotmail.com.tick> wrote in message
> Like MSB always says, he's only abusive to those who merit abuse.
> While I think his list of qualifications for "merits abuse" is a bit
> overly broad, he sticks to it pretty intently.
>
> Laszlo's OP was reasonable, and it's always a good idea to get the
> flavor of the group before trying something like that, anyway.

Bingo. It's just AMAZING what being not with the stupidity and the
ignorance can do for MSB's demeanor.
MSB is offended by ignorance and stupidity.
Plan accordingly.

Strangely, people continually refuse to conduct themselves according to
such standards - rather stubbornly, in fact (GOSLIN! COPE! ZENOBERON!).
Why?
Whhhyyyyyyy?

-Michael
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 9:06:02 AM

"Werebat" <ranpoirier@cox.net> wrote in message

> Jerry Chesko wrote:
>> "Michael Scott Brown" <mistermichael@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>>
>>><laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu> wrote in message

>>> Not part of the group's charter, but you can certainly organize such
>>> an
>>>event and plot-plan or otherwise brainstorm on the matter on the forum
>>>without crossing any important boundaries. Many would probably enjoy the
>>>diversion and discussion.
>>> But hold the actual game moves on a private board/website/etc. that's
>>>under your own control.
>>>

>> There is more than one MSB, methinks. That's the first civilized
>> response I've read from him about someone other than him. <applause
>> light goes on> Proud to see another, softer, side to the proud MSB.
>
> MSB is more like me than he'd like you to know. :^)

(Typed with a kind smile, so no snark intended)
Ron, you seem like the sort who can find humor in anything. MSB, until now,
struck me as the type to level a 30mm autocannon at a target that only
needed a .45ACP semi-automatic to drop. That kind of overkill is what
tended to put me off about him. As I said before, though, after one
develops the ability to sort through the dross, it's easy to get the
information he provides
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 9:06:03 AM

Jerry Chesko wrote:
> "Werebat" <ranpoirier@cox.net> wrote in message
>

>>Jerry Chesko wrote:
>>
>>>"Michael Scott Brown" <mistermichael@earthlink.net> wrote in message

>>>There is more than one MSB, methinks. That's the first civilized
>>>response I've read from him about someone other than him. <applause
>>>light goes on> Proud to see another, softer, side to the proud MSB.
>>
>>MSB is more like me than he'd like you to know. :^)
>>

> (Typed with a kind smile, so no snark intended)
> Ron, you seem like the sort who can find humor in anything. MSB, until now,
> struck me as the type to level a 30mm autocannon at a target that only
> needed a .45ACP semi-automatic to drop.

Oh, he works to the DCSE does he? :^)

> That kind of overkill is what
> tended to put me off about him. As I said before, though, after one
> develops the ability to sort through the dross, it's easy to get the
> information he provides

That's just it. I think his persona is mostly just that.

- Ron ^*^
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 9:19:41 AM

> "Nikolas Landauer" <dacileva.flea@hotmail.com.tick> wrote in message
>> Like MSB always says, he's only abusive to those who merit abuse.
>> While I think his list of qualifications for "merits abuse" is a bit
>> overly broad, he sticks to it pretty intently.
>>
>> Laszlo's OP was reasonable, and it's always a good idea to get the
>> flavor of the group before trying something like that, anyway.
>
> Bingo. It's just AMAZING what being not with the stupidity and the
> ignorance can do for MSB's demeanor.
> MSB is offended by ignorance and stupidity.
> Plan accordingly.
>
> Strangely, people continually refuse to conduct themselves according to
> such standards - rather stubbornly, in fact (GOSLIN! COPE! ZENOBERON!).
> Why?
> Whhhyyyyyyy?

I'm reminded of a kid I knew in High School, maybe you know the kind. He
was the type who'd bug the holy hell out of the known and, if possible, most
dangerous bullies in school. End result was the bully inches from
annihilating him, only to be saved by a passing teacher or the principal and
the bully packed off to ISS (In-School Suspension). Could be we have some
adult versions of that kid for you, MSB. The teacher in this case, is
UseNet since the physical element (the immenent pummeling) has been removed.

Just to avoid getting placed on the hit-list: (1)How stupid is too stupid?
(2)How ignorant is too ignorant? Is there a zero-tolerance policy in effect
or is it a 'Three Strike Rule'?

-==-
Jerry Chesko
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 9:29:21 AM

> Jerry Chesko wrote:
>> "Werebat" <ranpoirier@cox.net> wrote in message

>>>MSB is more like me than he'd like you to know. :^)
>>>

>> (Typed with a kind smile, so no snark intended)
>> Ron, you seem like the sort who can find humor in anything. MSB, until
>> now, struck me as the type to level a 30mm autocannon at a target that
>> only needed a .45ACP semi-automatic to drop.
>
> Oh, he works to the DCSE does he? :^)

Don't believe so, but if there were a Geneva Conventions for flaming in
UseNet, I'd think MSB might be up for war crime charges, sometimes. :-P

-==-
Jerry Chesko
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 9:56:28 AM

Michael Scott Brown wrote:
> <laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu> wrote in message
> > Michael Scott Brown wrote:
> > > Not part of the group's charter, but you can certainly organize such
> an
> > > event and plot-plan or otherwise brainstorm on the matter on the forum
> > > without crossing any important boundaries. Many would probably enjoy
> the
> > > diversion and discussion.
> > > But hold the actual game moves on a private board/website/etc.
> that's
> > > under your own control.
> >
> > I know it's against the charter. The reason I wanted to hold it here is
> > because [snip]
>
> IRRELEVANT. We don't care about your "because".

You don't appear to be speaking for the NG here.

> There is no "because". Not the charter.

I do not care about the charter. No, really. I do not care. Not even a
little bit.

What I care about is whether the majority of the people participating
in this NG are interested, or not. That is all.

Laszlo
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 10:30:14 AM

Michael Scott Brown wrote:
> <laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu> wrote in message
> > Michael Scott Brown wrote:
> > I do not care about the charter. No, really. I do not care. Not even a
> > little bit.
>
> I just wanted to call attention to that comment of yours.
> Is it common for you to enter social clubs and declare that you do not
> care about the customs and purposes of such endeavours?

Not at all. But the purpose of a social club's (or an NG's) charter is
to inform people about what members of the club like to do, or are
interested in doing.

If most people in a club (or NG) are interested in doing something that
is against the charter, then it's the charter that is in error.

If most people here say they aren't interested in having a campaign run
(or would actually be bothered by it), they'll say so, and I'll respect
that (and guess what; I still won't care about the charter). If most
people _are_ interested, then I guess the charter is in need of an
update.

Laszlo
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 11:17:49 AM

laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote:

> Michael Scott Brown wrote:
>
>><laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu> wrote in message
>>
>>>Something just occurred to me... would any of you guys be interested in
>>>playing a campaign here, on this NG?
>>
>> Not part of the group's charter

LOLOLOLOL!!! The SACRED CHARTER of RGFD that is NEVER VIOLATED!!!

*WOE* *BETIDE* HE WHO VIOLATES THE CHARTER OF RGFD!!!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HAA!!!

- Ron ^*^
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 2:00:53 PM

<laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu> wrote in message

> Michael Scott Brown wrote:
> > <laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu> wrote in message
> > > Something just occurred to me... would any of you guys be interested
in
> > > playing a campaign here, on this NG?
> >
> > Not part of the group's charter, but you can certainly organize
such an
> > event and plot-plan or otherwise brainstorm on the matter on the forum
> > without crossing any important boundaries. Many would probably enjoy
the
> > diversion and discussion.
> > But hold the actual game moves on a private board/website/etc.
that's
> > under your own control.
>
> I know it's against the charter. The reason I wanted to hold it here is
> because I thought it would be fun for the peanut gallery, not just the
> players, and it would--no doubt--lead to interesting rules discussions.
> This would not happen if it were on a different board; I doubt that
> many regulars/lurkers would take the trouble to regularly check out a
> different board.

My first thought was "This isn't the right place and a newsgroup, being
asynchronous, would be a
poor choice of media in any case."

But now that you put it like that. Treating it as a way for the entire
newsgroup to look at in game rule application and such... it is a very
interesting idea and probably on topic.

I would be interested in participating but unfortunately that isn't
practical given time zone differences and the fact that I am away from my
computer for (usually unpredictable) days at a time.
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 2:16:08 PM

Do I get to play my ranger with his wand of automatic missile fire?

Ralph Glatt

Member, Old Farts Club
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 2:23:56 PM

julian814 wrote:
> Do I get to play my ranger with his wand of automatic missile fire?
>

> Ralph Glatt
>
> Member, Old Farts Club

Would that ranger perhaps wear a beret and strange a strange clothlike
armor of many pouches?
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 3:50:59 PM

laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote:
>Something just occurred to me... would any of you guys be interested in
>playing a campaign here, on this NG?

Good God, no. This sure as hell ain't the place, and doubly so not the
medium. Webboards, email, and chat/irc/im will are all better tools for
the job.

(Unless, of course, I'm attributing to stupidity what could also be
explained by malice. In that case, IHBT, IHL.)

--
--DcB
Anonymous

<laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu> wrote in message
> Michael Scott Brown wrote:
> > Not part of the group's charter, but you can certainly organize such
an
> > event and plot-plan or otherwise brainstorm on the matter on the forum
> > without crossing any important boundaries. Many would probably enjoy
the
> > diversion and discussion.
> > But hold the actual game moves on a private board/website/etc.
that's
> > under your own control.
>
> I know it's against the charter. The reason I wanted to hold it here is
> because [snip]

IRRELEVANT. We don't care about your "because". There is no "because".
Not the charter.
By revealing that you knew full well what you wanted to do was
inappropriate from the start, you just evaporated much good karma.

-Michael
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 5:20:31 PM

<laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu> wrote in message
> Michael Scott Brown wrote:
> I do not care about the charter. No, really. I do not care. Not even a
> little bit.

I just wanted to call attention to that comment of yours.
Is it common for you to enter social clubs and declare that you do not
care about the customs and purposes of such endeavours?

-Michael
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 6:15:26 PM

> <laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu> wrote in message
>> Michael Scott Brown wrote:
>> I do not care about the charter. No, really. I do not care. Not
>> even a little bit.
>
> I just wanted to call attention to that comment of yours.
> Is it common for you to enter social clubs and declare that
> you do not
> care about the customs and purposes of such endeavours?
>
> -Michael

Probably.

--
Marc

Rommie : We are not the droids you are looking for
Doyle : What was that ?
Rommie : I don't know, but it didn't work !
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 6:24:20 PM

laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote:

> What I care about is whether the majority of the people participating
> in this NG are interested, or not. That is all.

Put me down for a "not," since you asked.

You might be better served by starting up your own discussion group
where you can (un)write your own rules and (dis)invite participants as
you choose. Yahoo Groups is a prime candidate for this, and easy to set
up.

--
Jay Knioum
The Mad Afro

> laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote:
>

>> Michael Scott Brown wrote:
>>
>>><laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu> wrote in message

>>> Not part of the group's charter
>
> LOLOLOLOL!!! The SACRED CHARTER of RGFD that is NEVER VIOLATED!!!
>
> *WOE* *BETIDE* HE WHO VIOLATES THE CHARTER OF RGFD!!!
>
> HA HA HA HA HA HA HAA!!!

Rehashing old material doesn't seem your style, Ron. You tried this up
thread earlier and I'm the silly one biting the hook, this time. Though I
think that it could have been conveyed better in the style of a Southern
Baptist prayer healer

>preacher [tonight played by MSB] walks up on stage, loud music is heard
>playing with a large choir singing along. Cope, Goslin, Zenoberon and
>Lazlo are seen sitting in the front row, looking very haggard<

WOaaHH! MY BROTHERS AND SISTAHS, THE DEVIL IS UPON YOU FOR VIOLATING THE
CHARTAH OF RGFD!
YOU NEED THE *POWER* OF GOD TO SET YOU STRAIGHT, YESah!
OH!!! BROTHERS AND SISTAHS I FEEL THE HOLY SPIRIT RAGING THROUGH ME! LORD,
YESah!
> walks to the fallen angels of the flock: Goslin, Cope, Zenoberon and
> Lazlo<
FEEL THE SPIRIT COME FROM ME TO YOU, MY FRIENDS!
>Lays on hands, adminsters holy bitch slap for good effect for the crowd<
OUT, DEVIL, FOR MAKING THESE FOUR INTO YOUR FOOLS AND SO INCAPABLE OF USING
COMMON SENSE! OUT, SATAN, FOR YOU ARE *NOT* WELCOME HERE!

Now my only hope is that I didn't just attract Grossi-poo to spam this NG
again with his automailer scouring references to religion in non-religious
NGs.
-==-
Jerry Chesko
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 8:06:02 PM

laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote in

> I do not care about the charter. No, really. I do not care. Not even a
> little bit.

And I don't care about your game, posted here. I don't care enough to
wonder if someone might set up an automated 'bot to post 100 replies for
every post in the thread, in order to make it impossible for your players
to even find game related posts.

You're a prick. Go die somewhere. Seriously.

--
Terry Austin
www.hyperbooks.com

"Marc L." <master.cougar@gmail.com> wrote in

> "Michael Scott Brown" <mistermichael@earthlink.net> wrote in
>
>> <laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu> wrote in message
>>> Michael Scott Brown wrote:
>>> I do not care about the charter. No, really. I do not care. Not
>>> even a little bit.
>>
>> I just wanted to call attention to that comment of yours.
>> Is it common for you to enter social clubs and declare that
>> you do not
>> care about the customs and purposes of such endeavours?
>>
>> -Michael
>>

> Probably.

There's some doubt in your mind? He's a prick.

--
Terry Austin
www.hyperbooks.com
Campaign Cartographer now available
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 8:26:21 PM

Jerry Chesko wrote:
> "Werebat" <ranpoirier@cox.net> wrote in message
>

>>laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote:

>>LOLOLOLOL!!! The SACRED CHARTER of RGFD that is NEVER VIOLATED!!!
>>
>>*WOE* *BETIDE* HE WHO VIOLATES THE CHARTER OF RGFD!!!
>>
>>HA HA HA HA HA HA HAA!!!
>>

> Rehashing old material doesn't seem your style, Ron. You tried this up
> thread earlier and I'm the silly one biting the hook, this time.

I wasn't really going to responses, just pointing out the obvious. I
can't believe people are still invoking the "charter" for anything.
What a joke.

> Though I
> think that it could have been conveyed better in the style of a Southern
> Baptist prayer healer

>>preacher [tonight played by MSB] walks up on stage, loud music is heard
>>playing with a large choir singing along. Cope, Goslin, Zenoberon and
>>Lazlo are seen sitting in the front row, looking very haggard<
>

> WOaaHH! MY BROTHERS AND SISTAHS, THE DEVIL IS UPON YOU FOR VIOLATING THE
> CHARTAH OF RGFD!
> YOU NEED THE *POWER* OF GOD TO SET YOU STRAIGHT, YESah!
> OH!!! BROTHERS AND SISTAHS I FEEL THE HOLY SPIRIT RAGING THROUGH ME! LORD,
> YESah!

Quite good, quite good...

>>walks to the fallen angels of the flock: Goslin, Cope, Zenoberon and
>>Lazlo<
>
> FEEL THE SPIRIT COME FROM ME TO YOU, MY FRIENDS!
>
>>Lays on hands, adminsters holy bitch slap for good effect for the crowd<
>
> OUT, DEVIL, FOR MAKING THESE FOUR INTO YOUR FOOLS AND SO INCAPABLE OF USING
> COMMON SENSE! OUT, SATAN, FOR YOU ARE *NOT* WELCOME HERE!
>
> Now my only hope is that I didn't just attract Grossi-poo to spam this NG
> again with his automailer scouring references to religion in non-religious
> NGs.

It happens.

- Ron ^*^
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 8:27:42 PM

Michael Scott Brown wrote:

> <laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu> wrote in message
>
>>Michael Scott Brown wrote:
>>
>>> Not part of the group's charter, but you can certainly organize such
>
> an
>
>>>event and plot-plan or otherwise brainstorm on the matter on the forum
>>>without crossing any important boundaries. Many would probably enjoy
>
> the
>
>>>diversion and discussion.
>>> But hold the actual game moves on a private board/website/etc.
>
> that's
>
>>>under your own control.
>>
>>I know it's against the charter. The reason I wanted to hold it here is
>>because [snip]
>

> IRRELEVANT. We don't care about your "because". There is no "because".
> Not the charter.
> By revealing that you knew full well what you wanted to do was
> inappropriate from the start, you just evaporated much good karma.

I object to your use of the charter to reprimand laszlo. As you well
know, reprimanding others with the charter is not in the charter of
R.G.F.D. Please refrain from this sort of thing in the future.

- Ron ^*^
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 8:28:47 PM

laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote:

> Michael Scott Brown wrote:
>
>><laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu> wrote in message
>>
>>>Michael Scott Brown wrote:
>>>I do not care about the charter. No, really. I do not care. Not even a
>>>little bit.
>>
>> I just wanted to call attention to that comment of yours.
>> Is it common for you to enter social clubs and declare that you do not
>>care about the customs and purposes of such endeavours?
>

> Not at all. But the purpose of a social club's (or an NG's) charter is
> to inform people about what members of the club like to do, or are
> interested in doing.
>
> If most people in a club (or NG) are interested in doing something that
> is against the charter, then it's the charter that is in error.

And this happens most of the time. Consider the sorts of people who
actually write charters. <shiver>

> If most people here say they aren't interested in having a campaign run
> (or would actually be bothered by it), they'll say so, and I'll respect
> that (and guess what; I still won't care about the charter). If most
> people _are_ interested, then I guess the charter is in need of an
> update.

Yep. Will never happen, though.

- Ron ^*^
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 8:29:37 PM

No 33 Secretary wrote:

> "Marc L." <master.cougar@gmail.com> wrote in
>

>>"Michael Scott Brown" <mistermichael@earthlink.net> wrote in
>>

>>><laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu> wrote in message

>>> I just wanted to call attention to that comment of yours.
>>> Is it common for you to enter social clubs and declare that
>>> you do not
>>>care about the customs and purposes of such endeavours?
>>>
>>>-Michael
>>>

>> Probably.
>>

> There's some doubt in your mind? He's a prick.

That reminds me. Can 3.5 Paladins still get hippogriffs as special mounts?

- Ron ^*^
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 9:19:52 PM

Mere moments before death, Dave Butler hastily scrawled:
>laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote:
>>Something just occurred to me... would any of you guys be interested in
>>playing a campaign here, on this NG?
>
>Good God, no. This sure as hell ain't the place, and doubly so not the
>medium. Webboards, email, and chat/irc/im will are all better tools for
>the job.

Seconded. Although, if you want to post summaries of game activity,
that'd be great.

Ed Chauvin IV

modifier G @ 11.

--Terry Austin
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 9:27:57 PM

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 04:55:32 GMT, "Michael Scott Brown"
<mistermichael@earthlink.net> carved upon a tablet of ether:

> Strangely, people continually refuse to conduct themselves according to
> such standards - rather stubbornly, in fact (GOSLIN! COPE! ZENOBERON!).
> Why?
> Whhhyyyyyyy?

'Cause they find poking you with sticks entertaining, perhaps?

--
Rupert Boleyn <rboleyn@paradise.net.nz>
should be free."

Rupert Boleyn wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 04:55:32 GMT, "Michael Scott Brown"
> <mistermichael@earthlink.net> carved upon a tablet of ether:
>

>> Strangely, people continually refuse to conduct themselves according to
>>such standards - rather stubbornly, in fact (GOSLIN! COPE! ZENOBERON!).
>> Why?
>> Whhhyyyyyyy?
>

> 'Cause they find poking you with sticks entertaining, perhaps?

Shh! It's already somewhat difficult to bait him!

- Ron ^*^
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 9:44:39 PM

laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote:

> I do not care about the charter. No, really. I do not care. Not even a
> little bit.

That's like being an American and saying we should ignore the
Constitution and just do what the majority says, no matter what...

This group without the charter would be a useless mass of spam, cross
posting, trolls, inside jokes, and flames....
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 9:55:04 PM

Michael Scott Brown wrote:
> MSB is offended by ignorance and stupidity.

Do not get MSB wet.
Do not use MSB as a anti-fungal creme.
Do not feed MSB after midnight.
Do not taunt MSB.
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 11:33:54 PM

]
] Good God, no. This sure as hell ain't the place, and doubly so not the
] medium. Webboards, email, and chat/irc/im will are all better tools for
] the job.
]
] (Unless, of course, I'm attributing to stupidity what could also be
] explained by malice. In that case, IHBT, IHL.)

Yeah, just think of the arguments we would have over who was the
final arbiter and who was the DM. And who was the 'hidden DM'. etc.

That was a joke. Really.

JimP.
--
http://www.linuxgazette.net/ Linux Gazette
http://crestar.drivein-jim.net/ June 7, 2005

> No 33 Secretary wrote:
>
>> "Marc L." <master.cougar@gmail.com> wrote in
>>

>>>"Michael Scott Brown" <mistermichael@earthlink.net> wrote in

>>> Probably.
>>>

>> There's some doubt in your mind? He's a prick.
>
> That reminds me. Can 3.5 Paladins still get hippogriffs as special
> mounts?

I think it would be more interesting if Paladins could be usenet pricks as
"special" mounts.

--
Terry Austin
www.hyperbooks.com
Campaign Cartographer now available
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 12:43:39 AM

>> If most people in a club (or NG) are interested in doing
>> something that is against the charter, then it's the charter that
>> is in error.
>
> And this happens most of the time. Consider the sorts of people
> who actually write charters. <shiver>

Agreeing with Lazlo's stupid statement does not make it any less
stupid.

--
Marc

Rommie : We are not the droids you are looking for
Doyle : What was that ?
Rommie : I don't know, but it didn't work !
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 1:11:31 AM

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 13:20:31 GMT, "Michael Scott Brown"
<mistermichael@earthlink.net> scribed into the ether:

><laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu> wrote in message
>> Michael Scott Brown wrote:
>> I do not care about the charter. No, really. I do not care. Not even a
>> little bit.
>
> I just wanted to call attention to that comment of yours.
> Is it common for you to enter social clubs and declare that you do not
>care about the customs and purposes of such endeavours?

I'm beginning to think that MSB doesn't find enough satisfaction in his
current employment, and is just fishing for a fight on irrelevancies now.

Of all the things to get pissy about...the charter? Are you going to go
into the various Star Wars threads and bitch in those too? They couldn't
possibly be in the charter.
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 3:10:13 AM

decalod85 wrote:

> laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote:
>
>>I do not care about the charter. No, really. I do not care. Not even a
>>little bit.
>

> That's like being an American and saying we should ignore the
> Constitution and just do what the majority says, no matter what...
>
> This group without the charter would be a useless mass of spam, cross
> posting, trolls, inside jokes, and flames....

You want to see a person wreak total havoc on the NG, though? All you
need is for someone to be a complete policy wonk about the charter. And
bitch and piss and moan about EVERY post not conforming to the charter.
EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

In the old days, before the kids, I might have had time to do this
myself for a while. Someone else will have to take up the torch, now.

- Ron ^*^
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 3:53:38 AM

> I wasn't really going to responses, just pointing out the
> obvious. I can't believe people are still invoking the
> "charter" for anything. What a joke.

The Charter is not a joke. You would be wise not to piss off The
Charter because bad things happen when The Charter gets angry.

The Charter has spoken.
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 3:53:39 AM

The Charter wrote:
> "Werebat" <ranpoirier@cox.net> wrote in message
>

>>I wasn't really going to responses, just pointing out the
>>obvious. I can't believe people are still invoking the
>>"charter" for anything. What a joke.
>

> The Charter is not a joke. You would be wise not to piss off The
> Charter because bad things happen when The Charter gets angry.
>
> The Charter has spoken.

"It's CHOWDAH!!!"

- Ron ^*^
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 4:18:33 AM

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 21:11:31 GMT, Matt Frisch <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com>
wrote:

>On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 13:20:31 GMT, "Michael Scott Brown"
><mistermichael@earthlink.net> scribed into the ether:
>
>><laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu> wrote in message
>>> Michael Scott Brown wrote:
>>> I do not care about the charter. No, really. I do not care. Not even a
>>> little bit.
>>
>> I just wanted to call attention to that comment of yours.
>> Is it common for you to enter social clubs and declare that you do not
>>care about the customs and purposes of such endeavours?
>
>I'm beginning to think that MSB doesn't find enough satisfaction in his
>current employment, and is just fishing for a fight on irrelevancies now.
>
>Of all the things to get pissy about...the charter? Are you going to go
>into the various Star Wars threads and bitch in those too? They couldn't
>possibly be in the charter.

MSB does what he does because he enjoys it; nothing more, nothing less. Nobody
would go out of their way to point out other peoples' errors if there wasn't
some pleasure being taken in the act. Whether such a person is doing it out of
kindness or cruelty, doesn't much matter. In MSB's case, I rather doubt the
former.

--

Matthias (matthias_mls@yahoo.com)

"Scientists tend to do philosophy about as well as you'd expect philosophers to
do science, the difference being that at least the philosophers usually *know*
when they're out of their depth."
-Jeff Heikkinen
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 5:42:04 AM

No 33 Secretary wrote:
> "Marc L." <master.cougar@gmail.com> wrote in
>
> > "Michael Scott Brown" <mistermichael@earthlink.net> wrote in
> >
> >> <laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu> wrote in message
> >>
> >> I just wanted to call attention to that comment of yours.
> >> Is it common for you to enter social clubs and declare that
> >> you do not
> >> care about the customs and purposes of such endeavours?
> >>
> >> -Michael
> > Probably.
>
> There's some doubt in your mind? He's a prick.

Respecting the wishes of the majority is being a prick, now? You're
gonna need to explain that.

Laszlo
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 5:42:30 AM

No 33 Secretary wrote:
> laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote in
>
> > I do not care about the charter. No, really. I do not care. Not even a
> > little bit.
> >
> And I don't care about your game, posted here. I don't care enough to
> wonder if someone might set up an automated 'bot to post 100 replies for
> every post in the thread, in order to make it impossible for your players
> to even find game related posts.

Heh. Don't be childish.

Laszlo