MN-700 Connection Hang ever 18-24 hours?

Last response: in Networking
Share
January 7, 2005 3:15:48 PM

I just installed a new MN-700 in my LAN. It replaced a
Netgear Router. I upgraded to add Wi-Fi to the LAN for
support of external devices. At least once in every 24
Hours or so the MN-700 appears to be operating although
no access is seen from Direct Connected PC or Wireless.
The Lights are still on and blinking. BUT, on the PC no
Internet access. NO error messages come up, No errors
about LAN connetion being lost. It just hangs... If I
unplug the power to the MN-700 and plug it right back in
it works fine until the next time. I have the Latest
software and I installed the Latest Firmware upgrade to
the MN-700. I am running WinXP Pro SP2 with all the
latest updates. HELP! It's driving me crazy. The Netgear
Router was Rock Solid ALWAYS.

Thanks,
Steve
January 12, 2005 12:35:28 AM

any luck with this? i have the same issue with the
exception that i am using XP sp1 and get dropped much
faster. I have only been able to use the internet for 15
min at a time. I am searching all news groups to see if
there is a simple setting that i am missing. so far no
luck, Attempting to reset evertything agian for the 4th
time.

Anonymous
January 15, 2005 11:06:30 AM

Having the same issue here. I really need a resolution
to this. It is totally unacceptable.

January 18, 2005 4:31:16 PM

I having the same issue too!

Anonymous
January 19, 2005 5:34:19 PM

I had this problem as well. My wi-fi protection was set
to WPA at the time and at least once daily the WAN
connection would lock up. The solution, at least for me,
was to switch to 128-bit WEP and the router no longer
hangs... it's been about 2 weeks now and I've not had to
power cycle it once.

Anonymous
January 31, 2005 7:51:13 PM

I'm having the same issue, at least once a day its losing
connection to the internet. I've tried everything and
nothing works.

Anonymous
February 1, 2005 1:02:31 AM

All these issues are very strange...
My MN-700 has been operating for almost a year without a single reboot and
it handles my XBOX Live, my cable modem and my VOIP box.
All I can say is that I run the latest firmware, a 128 bit WEP and a very
basic setup.

"Michael Choi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I having the same issue too!

February 19, 2005 9:47:45 PM

My MN-700 has been running a long time with no down time. I think your
problem is with other devices such as a 2.4 portable phone or a microwave
oven or other device that uses the 2.4 range. Even if you remove all 2.4
devices from your home, any home/business near you could have 2.4 devices.
No real solution except to change your output channel in your MN-700. I run
mine at Channel 1. I used Net Stumbler to scan for other networks near me
and see what channel they were using, most used channel 6, so as I said
before I picked Channel 1. Yes I do have my MN-700 in WPA mode.

!