Sep 7, 2011
Hi there,,,,,

Samsung RV510 Notebook
3gb Ram
Win 7
500gb hdd
Pent DC T4500
64 bit opp system

Basically to cut a long story short,,, I accidently removed all partitions on the HDD (stupid yes I know) anyway have recoved all files and reinstalled the operating system, there is no longer a recovery partition as I had no info available to do so.

Everything works the way it should apart from one tiny, annoying problem. :(
The laptop is only 3-6 months old, after re-installing the O/System twice, installing all neccessary drivers / extra software for all function keys. The keyboard is still not working as it should..

I have set all up with the correct UK region/language and have even tried UK extended keyboard - to no joy.....

If I press the following / end results.

P = ;P
I = KI
E = CE
W = SW
Q = Q + tab

ETC ETC ETC ETC,,, its almost like the allignment of the keys is incorrect and/or there is a software error / driver missing.

The only problem is I have been searching online for days to no avail.... does anyone have any ideas??

Thanks
Chris

chris8477a

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
As far as I know, the system hasnt been damaged in anyway... the keyboard was removed to check/clean and replace )this was after the problem occurred.
I have contacted Samsung - they adised me to re-install the chipset driver and reset Bios to default ------- Thanks for that totaly screwed up the laptop............ wont eve boot now any way, trying to install windows again from scratch I noticed that the keyboard error is present when in the Repair/recovery console.????
Seems like a hardware faliure but Samsung wont touch unless its a hardware fault hense Im having to re-install everythin using a PS/2 keyboard. (this works perfectly i might add)

Does the Chipset driver control the keyboard - ie. where each button is located - which could be causing the error.?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
No, the chipset driver really has nothing to do with the keyboard beyond any specific USB drivers your system uses. My wife uses a Samsung netbook and it uses generic device types, so I am sure than is not the issue.

Your likely issue is the keyboard and/or the very small, delicate ribbon cable that connects the keyboard to the motherboard. That is the first thing I would check out if this was my rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.