I'm heading to college soon and am looking at investing in a laptop that will allow me to do some gaming while I'm away.
1. What is your budget?
€1000 but I can probably stretch to €1100 if it's a good enough laptop.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Doesn't need to be full 1080 and I'm pretty sure thats not possible at my budget.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Will be on my desk most of the time so desktop replacement.
5. How much battery life do you need?
Not important as I'll have it plugged in.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Battlefield 3, Fifa 2012 and Football Manager 2012 when they're out. Doesn't need to be max settings just decent.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Music production/editing so it needs to be able to run cubase, ableton, reason with plugins etc. So a decent amount of ram.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
250gb at least.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
2-3 years at the very least.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Don't particularly like flashy looking laptops with bells and whistles attached (e.g. alienware) but don't mind if they're an option.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.