How do you open the case on a Dell Dimiension 4500?
It has a crescent shaped daark blue plastic button on the top of the case
near the back. It goes down when I press it.
Any help or guidance appreciated.
Thank you very much.
Fred.

lay the case on its side, and you will see another crescent shaped
indentation on the botrtom as well.
Press both of them, and pull upward. This is a "clamshell" case, and will
open like a clam, with the FRONT of the case as the connected point.
Jerry

"FreddieN" <Pacbel2973@dlink.net> wrote in message
> How do you open the case on a Dell Dimiension 4500?
> It has a crescent shaped daark blue plastic button on the top of the case
> near the back. It goes down when I press it.
> Any help or guidance appreciated.
> Thank you very much.
> Fred.

There is another one under ... you gota press them both to open the case

"FreddieN" <Pacbel2973@dlink.net> wrote in message
> How do you open the case on a Dell Dimiension 4500?
> It has a crescent shaped daark blue plastic button on the top of the case
> near the back. It goes down when I press it.
> Any help or guidance appreciated.
> Thank you very much.
> Fred.

Jo

"FreddieN" <Pacbel2973@dlink.net> wrote in

> How do you open the case on a Dell Dimiension 4500?
> It has a crescent shaped daark blue plastic button on the top of
> the case near the back. It goes down when I press it.
> Any help or guidance appreciated.
> Thank you very much.
> Fred.

This shows how it opens:
http://support.jp.dell.com/docs/systems/dim4500/techov.htm#1101565

"Jo" <rty@invalid.jp> wrote in message
> "FreddieN" <Pacbel2973@dlink.net> wrote in
>
> > How do you open the case on a Dell Dimiension 4500?
> > It has a crescent shaped daark blue plastic button on the top of
> > the case near the back. It goes down when I press it.
> > Any help or guidance appreciated.
> > Thank you very much.
> > Fred.
> >
> This shows how it opens:
> http://support.jp.dell.com/docs/systems/dim4500/techov.htm#1101565

Thanks Jo and Splitskull.
I got the "clam" open.
Man...what a case design. LOL

Complete directions are in the Owner's Manual you received with your
computer.

If you can't find your Owner's Manual, it's also on Dell's web site.

Ted Zieglar

"FreddieN" <Pacbel2973@dlink.net> wrote in message
> How do you open the case on a Dell Dimiension 4500?
> It has a crescent shaped daark blue plastic button on the top of the case
> near the back. It goes down when I press it.
> Any help or guidance appreciated.
> Thank you very much.
> Fred.

TRENDING THREADS