Sign in with
Your question

award BIOS setup HELP

Last response: in CPUs
June 7, 2002 9:11:33 PM

I would like to know how to set the bios setup in these two fields.

In the manual book: ( ASUS A7V : Award BIOS)
CPU (external) Frequency [90-133MHz]
This feature tells the clock generator what frequency to send to the system bus and PCI bus. The bus frequency (external frequency) multiplied by the bus multiple equals the CPU speed (the CPU’s internal frequency). Note that selecting a frequency higher than what the CPU manufacturer recommends may cause the system to hang or crash.
DRAM Frequency [100 or 133 MHz]
This field determines whether the memory clock frequency is set to be in synchronous or asynchronous mode with respect to the CPU Frequency. This must be set in conjunction with CPU (external) Frequency to match the speed of your SDRAM. When you press <Enter> on the field, the first available option in the popup menu equals the CPU Frequency you select for the previous filed, and the second available option is the CPU Frequency multiplied by 4/3.

First I use AMD Athlon 700MHz and SDRAM 256M PC133.
Question:
How should I set these two fields that mentioned above?
What is CPU (external) frequency?
What is CPU (internal) frequency?
Right now in my BIOS setup I set : CPU (external) Frequency=100MHz, and DRAM Frequency=133MHz, if I set it correctly or I should set something else.
Where can I find out what the frequency of my CPU (internal and external) are?
thanks for all your answer
chedJuer

More about : award bios setup

June 8, 2002 3:37:20 AM

You should set its Front Side Bus (FSB or external clock) at 100MHz and its multiplier (internal clock) at 7.
On Asus A7V, if you won't intend to overclock and are not familiar with these parameters in BIOS, I suggest setting it at JumerFree Mode.
Quote:
Where can I find out what the frequency of my CPU (internal and external) are?

<b><A HREF="http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/ProductInformation/..." target="_new"><font color=green>AMD</A></b></font color=green>

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.
!